iphone?

Deloner

I did not get one. I'm not dumb enough to buy the first generation of anything. And knowing that Apple will release a second generation with 3G technology... why bother even with EDGE?

I'm still in awe of the idiots in town buying phones off hustlers on Craigslist and eBay. Especially when you can still buy them in stores here. Stupid.

A good friend bought one and I played with it this afternoon. While I found the network connection to be a little slow, that may be my only complaint. I was pretty skeptical about the keyboard situation but after texting for a few minutes I was quickly proven wrong. I can imagine that after due time you could text pretty damn quickly. It's not as big as I thought it was going to be and it's a lot lighter than I thought it was going to be.

Maybe because I'm a Mac user already (though I use a PC at work) I found the UI to be super easy to navigate. And all the shit I read about the iPhone I don't ever recall reading anything about it having a camera. Or maybe I just read over it. Either way... the camera and the photo shit is awesome. Making calls is really easy, much easier than my Samsung t809.

Overall I thought the phone was pretty easy to use. I can imagine someone not familiar with a Macintosh might get a little flustered figuring things out but I found it easy. I know I will get one eventually but it's not that important to me right now. I'm sure a second generation will be released during the holidays with some upgrades just in time for their release in Europe. From what I understand Europe is all 3G so there's no point in selling a phone that is using anything less... no one will buy it.

My vote: thumbs up if you have the cash.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah japan is almost all 3G. i had the same phone for 7 years and never upgraded.

as long as it can make phone calls, text message, and recieve emails from my yahoo account

i'm straight. but the people at the phone company would always try and get me to upgrade

because most of their network or whatever you'd call it was 3G.

alot of japanese love the mac. my guess is because they love products with a logo, trendy, expensive,

and has high quality. they really want the iphone as well but i'm thinking that they are going

backwards instead of forward. most people are watchiing tv and having conversations

while seeing the other person, while on the train, underground, up in the mountains.

i can barely walk around with my american phone without it cutting out.

what i wouldnt give to use my japanese phone here.

So does anyone know if the alleged 19 million ipod reservees are all from america and iraq or something, because the phone interweb in Europe and Asias no bfd. Neither is GPS, media players, or anything else on the iPhone. I guess its all about the usability and operating system on the iphone, meaning every phone from here on is gonna copy this desktop looking shit. I just hope they still make $20 go phones.

6fh4vgw.jpg

Sales like this and you know every single companys going to follow right behind Apple.

As a share holder I can tell you their stock isn't worth a fuck load. Last I checked, which was Saturday, shares were selling at $122... far from a fuck load. Well, that could be a million dollars to all you pre-pubescent teens.

That is pretty valuable for a single share.

The highest shares on the Oz stockmarket for mining giants are around $100 or so, and I think they would be more valuable than a tech stock, from my perspective.

That is fucken insane when I think about it, but what I would give to be given some Berkshire Hathaway stocks, hahaha

you can't even spell Nasdaq. Do you know how to calculate a P/E ratio?

actually, apple is down from a 52 week high, and even on friday, when the iPhone came out, the stock price (which is not 'equivalent' to what a stock is 'worth') only fluctuated within a two point range, if i'm reading my chart right, which i am. conclusion? your grandpa, smart though he may be, did not make a shit load of money on friday unless he invested a HUGE ammount of start up capital, since the max gain was about 2% on friday. look for the stock to jump around earnings announcement time, provided the iPhone continues to do insane numbers; the stock is trading at 38 times earnings, which means that if the earnings spike, the stock could go nuts. that probably won't happen though. i expect the iPhone to cool off almost as quickly as the PS3. class dismissed