Please Do not Paint over the Numbers!

trainfinder22

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I dont care if my shit gets stamped, I try not to paint numbers as much as possible but I'll do it if I have to. The flick is really what matters to me.

ok, so lets say i paint over every train you have ever done, but you got flix of all of them. i guess you wouldn't care that you don't have any trains rolling anymore??

if you need to be told to tape over the number you probably shouldnt be painting panels in the first place.those numbers need to stay up so that the rails know whats in the car,where its going,who it belongs to etc etc.so they have to take the car out and have it restamped which is inconvenient for them and even worse for you...and it could have all been avoided by grabbing the ducktape before you go out.whatever tho.

Does anyone have a flick of a stamped peice? just curious as to what this looks like. in sydney they just buff that shit straight away. shit still runs but it has nothing to do with numbers. do something in a yard it wont get put into service(unless you get really lucky).or they just buff the windows and run it.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm sure it's been said in here but im not reading through this whole thread. make your life easier, avoid ANY numbers/information on the car. its obviously supposed to be there, if it wasn't they wouldn't bother putting it on the car. its not hard to go around something that takes a few inches out of your piece.

• 4 months later...

maybe toy to ask but i was wondering if it pisses workers off always having to put new reflectors on trains, when i look at flicks or new trains coming in its pretty rare that they dont have the yellow reflector strips, i would imagine always having to put them on is a bitch, or maybe its a machine, i dunno. but personally i only avoid LD LMT , the big numbers, and the black box,i never think twice about the reflectors.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...