Who Else Likes The Oldies (Music)¿¿¿

Seffiks

You LIke The Oldies?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love it, its my favorite genre of music im speaking of artists from the 50s/60s like

the drifters

ben e king

the platters

the supremes

the righteous brothers

the temptations

franki valli

the beach boys

the tymes

chubby checkers

the dixie cups

all them artists like that

who else is with me??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I grew up on the oldies station. It's sad to see that music disappearing, as "oldies" stations move towards a 60's through 90's format. Give me some Jay and the Americans, Bobby Darin, Dave Clark 5, Stevie Wonder, Shangri-Las, etc.

It's cool to see that there are other relatively young people who are into this stuff. Most of my peers are not feeling the oldies.

theres this new guy coming out i heard on the radio that brought this thread up ( i did't catch his name but he straight up stole ben e king's - "stand by me" loop and arrangement it was an ok song i hope music starts heading in this direction again

Wishin On A Star - Rose Royce

A Change Is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke

What's Goin On - Marvin Gaye

You Really Got A Hold On Me - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

Ooh Baby Baby - Smokey Robinson

Sideshow - Blue Magic

Let's Stay Together - Al Green

Love & Happiness - Al Green

Natural High - Bloodstone

Oh Honey - The Delegation

Martha & The Vandellas

Be Thankful For What You've Got - William DeVaughn

It's All Right - Curtis Mayfield

Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield

I know these last 4 are moving more into the "Funk" genre rather than MoTown-style oldies, but whatever Funk is related and they're classics nonetheless.

If you want to see a 70's blaxploitation flick with a nice soundtrack from the 60's (the movie is set in the 60's), rent/buy Cooley High.

I had the opportunity to see live performances in Vegas of Smokey Robinson, Earth Wind & Fire, The Temptations (one original member left), and the Four Tops (one original member). I think Smokey was the best of all of those performances.

Yeah I know Theo.

This is real R&B we are talking about, not the crap that is passed off on the radio these days (Usher etc). I don't really have anything against this stuff, it fits the mood for certain situations.

Oh yeah, my old man listens to Elvis too. That shit is ok, especially when you are drunk and playing it on singstar.