You know what's really boring? Jury duty.

I've been here for two hours already, and we haven't done shit but sit in these uncomfortable chairs and watch a ridiculous movie about the history of the justice system. It starred the old guy from Law and Order, and included a skit about how, in feudal times, people would be thrown into a river to determine their innocence.

I tried to take a nap, but the chairs have really low backs and no support. If I get picked, and miss the Montreal Bachelor party, I'm going to make sure they give the defendent the chair.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i've been summoned for jury duty at least 4 times and always found an excuse to not show up. who the fuck wants to stop getting paid and fail a class cuz they were at jury duty? i sometimes wonder what kind of people are in jury duty since you get paid chumpchange and it's during hours of the day when most people work.

Allright, they dismissed me from one case. They said they expect it to last a week. Some guys got in a brawl, and allegedly stabbed some other guy with a broken bottle. I didn't even have to lie... I said " I'm scheduled to go to Montreal this weekend, because I'm the best man in my friend's wedding." I just didn't go into details, such as the weddinng being two months away.

Now I'm waiting in the hallway with the other rejects to see if we're going to get sent to a shorter case, or just sent home.