Playin Penny Stocks..

guerillaeye

Who does it? I have a few thousand shares in a few places.. Only a couple hundred dollars, really.. but the thing with penny stocks is, you can buy 25000 shares at .005, so you start with a 125.00 investment, and if its a good pick, can go up to .05 cents in a few days time.. your 125 turned into 1,250.

i got my startup funds by cashing in some stock-options my company gave me.. i am poised to make some good profit in a few months time, reinvesting and flipping (sounds familiar to some, im sure..). You can make a mint or loose your ass.. Anyone else play the market?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OK.. I'll use PHARM CONTROL LTD (PMCL) .. i have no real clue what this company is about.. but im guessing it has to do with drugs.. it is at .02/share.... (it was at 5.00/share in december, but took a BIG shit..)

At any rate.. this stock has been doing a "yo-yo" thing.. dropping to .011 and back up to .021.. loosing 50% and then jumping 100%.. if you buy your shares at .011 and sell at .021, you make 100% profit on your investment.

I dont own any shares in this stock.. most of mine are in a Telcom Stock.. that (i hope) will give a nice return... but people that have been playing this one have made a lot of money in the last few days.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Granted you have to have some money, but investing in real estate is probably the best way to go. The stock market is just way too unpredictable.

Good advice from a newbie?

Real Estate can be a big gamble to, especially since right now the market is not that great.

There are tons of houses where I live that people invested in and are trying to re-sell and they are just sitting there on the market. Sucks for them.

the most used Broker is http://scottrade.com/ ... only $7 per trade.

i use fidelity because my company gave me the account, but its $19.99/trade for the first 20 trades, then it goes to $5.. i think.

I dont have any pointers.. im not a "day trader"... but id say, find a stock with a pattern of dropping and going back up.. buy in at the low and sell at the high.. thats the essense of it.

my girl funded our entire trip to atlantic city on $20.. damn shes good.

Good advice from a newbie?

Real Estate can be a big gamble to, especially since right now the market is not that great.

There are tons of houses where I live that people invested in and are trying to re-sell and they are just sitting there on the market. Sucks for them.

real estate is more stable but that also means you get fucked a lot hard and a lot longer if youre stuck holding your investments when the bubble pops.

i had an economics class in high school.....sophomore year.....we teamed up in pairs and each team picked a dollar amount of money out of a hat...

the rules were that you had to invest 80% of your money in at least 5 shares of stock...then write a report about why you picked it and what happened.

we had like $200,000 and at the end of the two months we had about $750,000

...meanwhile groups that started off with $5,000...lost money in the stock

...rich get richer....poor get poorer

anyways....we made some money in HBO stock...lost some in Playboy stock....

and we bought stock called "BERKHA"...that made us almost half a mil.