For real...

the.crooked

Fuck office jobs.

I just started a new one today. After three summers of working solely office clerical work or research database construction, I am fuckin tired of it.

I hate the eternal struggle of monetary compensation against losing my soul.

700$/week oooooor get summer work done for next school year...

and at sixty hours a week, this is gonna be rough goings...

i can't even look at news sites or play minesweeper on my break because the stupid ass filter has em restricted. yet i can access the oz. ironic no?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i am completely loathing the rest of the summer now.

I have so much shit to do this summer for my last year in undergrad and I am afraid this job will suck any drive I have to do it each day. let alone kill all time to play any sports.

I only get every other weekend off, so its a loooooong work week.

Yeah thats bout how im feelin bout it.

I applied for a job at a book store recently, I may follow up on that. If they offer near good part time at a minimal pay cut, im gonna take it. The time this job is taking is gonna cut way too much into the shit i have to do this summer for school.

well see what i do though. Second day hasn't been so bad. At least I have, devin the dude to keep me company... smoke until its all gone....

like i said, i gotta make sure i have somethin else before i split this bitch.

i hadnt averaged out the pay per hour like that yet some1, but it is slightly annoying in that respect.

all i do is audit scanned pdf files to make sure they were scanned correctly, and then i mark it off in excell. a seven year old could do this job. yet the people that were hired with me yesterday have no idea what they are doing...

it sucks dude. I got thrown into my shit from the warehouse. I wish i was in the warehouse still...I get like 13.75?an hour here shit aint bad I wish i could work over time. My position though (account executive) I could be making something like 48 to $50k after 2 years so thats why I am staying. I want to get a job with Yamaha selling drums in the future. I got no degree yet so all I got is my experience which is proving to be more valuable than a degree so far....

Desk jobs do blow. Fortunately the only one that I had was at a genetics research lab where I got to make my own hours. Also, during the second half of the summer, I began spending more time in the lab playing with cancer cell cultures than at my desk makin' copies. So I guess that desk job kinda rocked.

-fuse.

hahaha GET ANOTHER JOB BEFORE YOU DO!

Send your resume to black water!

haha.

yeah im sure my database research and construction will definitely get me a job there.

but no for real, anyone know of any openings in houston? preferrably not office...

I called borders books back today and got the same old diatribe of "umm, yes we are still hiring and i am sure they go over the applications quickly so if they would like to they will call you about an interview"

which i assume translates as "naww, fuck off."