Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fixedgearfiend

Wheat Pasters/ Stecils/ Stickers

I'm getting into the graffiti/street art thing and I'm pretty sure that I beginning to have a shrinking tolerance for people that write on stickers, glue up posters, and stencil and consider it art. I dunno is there anyone else out there who is with me on this one. I don't know I think that the whole essence of street art is the risk involved and the skill that it takes to throw up a piece and wheat pasters and stencilers are killing this essence and to me are art school kids who don't have the balls to actually risk anything.

The second part of this is are there any websites or zines that speak out against this type of thing or forums that are against it?

well, then you can go fuck off.

if i spent hours, planning, drawing, and cutting my shit, then its art.

next thing some kid is gonna do with a can is a toy ass throw.

so tell me, is that toy looking piece of shit art?

you cant even spell stencil.

FAG!

and on streetartblows. have you noticed they back taggers, not bombers?

"Designing a poster or a sticker with your image on, having 500 made and putting them up is not a challenge. You want a design challenge? Go tag. Take three to five letters; write them over and over again, outside, illegally. Do it on surfaces not meant to be written on with a medium not designed for writing. Do it for years while trying not to get caught and, on top of that, make it look good. Come back and then we can talk about design challenges."

i do

bombs

stencils

wheatpastes

and stickers.

its not really about the risk.

its about the art.

if you want a risk, go play in traffic.

and fixedgear i have one thing to say you are a pig go away dick crunch stop tring to turn us all against each other i have just as much respect for someone who wheat paste as i do for some one who bombs in the middle of day light in a crowded city and who shit still looks good

hmmm, so fixedgear is a college boy...

so what, is this for some report or some shit?

Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis

i found that shit out, and I'm not even a cop!

hahaha...

oh shit from the looks of it homie has no friends his that little kid that we all knew from first grade who would sit in the corner and play with his weewee and put katsup in his milk and said it was strabarry o how i miss laphing at you whats up jim

wow fixedgear.... watta bitch

are you honestly looking into magazines that talk about hating wheat pasting and stencils?

your a dick have you ever tried making an intricate stencil?

You live in Indiana? Me too, but wheatpastes/stickers are the shit. They still require a lot of skill to make.

i understand the argument, but its still ignorant to try a make a claim saying street art isnt art. first off the word ART is in it.