Great Quotes.

King Of Hell

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"There is a need to solve lifes mysteries even though lifes simplest questions cannot be answered - Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps it is better off not looking at all. Not delving, not yearning..but thats not human nature, not the human heart - that is not why we are here. yet we still struggle to make a difference, to change the world..to dream of hope. Not knowing for certain who we will meet along the way. Who among the world of strangers will hold our hand, touch our hearts and share the pain of trying"

and another one

''Graffiti is such a powerful and important movement. it has the ability to speak uncensored truth. to change lives, to change societies, to change governments, to end wars, to be the voice of the people or simply to brighten up someones day. Graffiti is truly incredible.''

I don't think that Jefferson quote was about faith so much at all. He swares upon god becuase that is the most serious commitment agains the tyranny over the mind of man. I would read it as his protection of the free thinking man.

I agree that the quote is about making a comment towards mans thought, but what Iam

saying is how can it be taken seriously when someone thinks god is a practacle joke? Starting

your statement throws all creditablity out the widow.

Im just saying rely on your self, and do what you say, don't make promisses or swear to God, JUST DO IT.

lol....i guess its cause of the stereotype that french people are arrogant....and they called us arrogant (regarding iraq)....

i wouldnt know though....ive never been to france....and the only french person i ever knew was a huge pot head that had weed and bob marley posters all over his apartment....cool guy though.

french people are cunts. universal truth.

"MEN NEVER DO EVIL so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."

-- Pascal

"YOU WILL LIVE or you will die.

Both are good."

-- Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

"There is no need to struggle to be free; the absence of struggle is in itself freedom."

-- Chogyam Trungpa

some jewels from richard dawkins

"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence."

a quick funny one before i get to a really serious one....

"Yes, testosterone-sodden young men too unattractive to get a woman in this world might be desperate enough to go for 72 private virgins in the next."

ok...

"My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of Prayer," when prelates and pastors did their tremulous Martin Luther King impersonations and urged people of mutually incompatible faiths to hold hands, united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place."

"I believe that an orderly universe, one indifferent to human preoccupations, in which everything has an explanation even if we still have a long way to go before we find it, is a more beautiful, more wonderful place than a universe tricked out with capricious ad hoc magic."

...a couple from sam harris

“A person who believes that Elvis is still alive is very unlikely to get promoted to a position of great power and responsibility in our society. Neither will a person who believes that the holocaust was a hoax. But people who believe equally irrational things about God and the bible are now running our country. This is genuinely terrifying.”

“It is terrible that we all die and lose everything we love; it is doubly terrible that so many human beings suffer needlessly while alive. That so much of this suffering can be directly attributed to religion—to religious hatreds, religious wars, religious delusions and religious diversions of scarce resources—is what makes atheism a moral and intellectual necessity.”

....and finally one from my dad who took this from someone else.

"your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part."

I agree that the quote is about making a comment towards mans thought, but what Iam

saying is how can it be taken seriously when someone thinks god is a practacle joke? Starting

your statement throws all creditablity out the widow.

Im just saying rely on your self, and do what you say, don't make promisses or swear to God, JUST DO IT.

I agree. I'm probably the most blasphemous person I know, but I think the gravity in the statement isn't about what you believe, but the context of what HE believed at the time.

Of course that doesn't help your cause when you are looking to use the quote in context of you and your life. So yeah. I agree.

some jewels from richard dawkins

"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence."

a quick funny one before i get to a really serious one....

"Yes, testosterone-sodden young men too unattractive to get a woman in this world might be desperate enough to go for 72 private virgins in the next."

ok...

"My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of Prayer," when prelates and pastors did their tremulous Martin Luther King impersonations and urged people of mutually incompatible faiths to hold hands, united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place."

"I believe that an orderly universe, one indifferent to human preoccupations, in which everything has an explanation even if we still have a long way to go before we find it, is a more beautiful, more wonderful place than a universe tricked out with capricious ad hoc magic."

...a couple from sam harris

“A person who believes that Elvis is still alive is very unlikely to get promoted to a position of great power and responsibility in our society. Neither will a person who believes that the holocaust was a hoax. But people who believe equally irrational things about God and the bible are now running our country. This is genuinely terrifying.”

“It is terrible that we all die and lose everything we love; it is doubly terrible that so many human beings suffer needlessly while alive. That so much of this suffering can be directly attributed to religion—to religious hatreds, religious wars, religious delusions and religious diversions of scarce resources—is what makes atheism a moral and intellectual necessity.”

....and finally one from my dad who took this from someone else.

"your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Damn, I reeeeeeeeeeeally agree with everyone of these. I agree with them so much that I wish I could deny that they existed, just so I could be the one to say them first. Awesome.

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.

-Buddha

The pursuit of excellence is less profitable than the pursuit of bigness, but it can be more satisfying.

-David Ogilvy

Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything.

-Mr.Miyagi

thats my bike punk!

-debo