Great Quotes.

King Of Hell

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"The worse the script is, the more money you're offered. Show me a bad script, and I will show you a big payday. Conversely, show me a really great script and forget it. You're lucky if you don't have to pay for it."

-Al Pacino,

My favorite quote about love...

[Speaking to Marie in bed while she sleeps]

Navin R. Johnson: "I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it. "

The Jerk

• Like 1

This was my favorite quote:

THOMAS JEFFERSON:

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Now I wish it wasn't about faith so much and more about fucking doodz up.. I'd change it to this:

"I have sworn to slaughter the children, analy fuck the wives of tyrants and then lick the tears of unconsolable sadness off their cheak. DIPSET"

Robert Anton Wilson

"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."

"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission."

"I don't believe anything I write or say. I regard belief as a form of brain damage, the death of intelligence, the fracture of creativity, the atrophy of imagination. I have opinions but no Belief System (B.S.)"

"Once something becomes discernible, or understandable, we no longer need to repeat it. We can destroy it."

Herman Hesse

"I asked the servant Leo why it was that artists sometimes appeared to be only half-alive, while their creations seemed so irrefutably alive. Leo looked at me, surprised at my question. Then he released the poodle he was holding in his arms and said: 'It is just the same with mothers. When they have borne their children and given them their milk and beauty and strength, they themselves become invisible, and no one asks about them any more.'"

(from Journey to the East)

Grant Morrison

"In short, sex is very definitely on the menu but it might be sex with your own twisted anti-matter self."

Christopher Hyatt

"Both Satanic cults and Christian fundamentalists are closer to seeing the truth than most normal people.

Something is going on, but it's not what they think. The Beast is staring out from each pair of eyes you see. Each glance in the mirror is the story of this world -- and the Toxick Magician loves mirrors. Each time he sees his face, he sees the self-destroying power of the species and the planet. This is his true freedom, which transcends any cult and any cult hero.

He knows that each person suffers silently and secretly and each person is constantly making up stories to hide his own hideousness from himself and others.

He has the strength and fortitude to face the Void and see the Beast deep within, eating its way out.

He knows that flesh is mostly for pain -- that pleasure is more fleeting and pain is more enduring. He laughs into the Cosmic Belly of Hell as the Beast consumes him."

(from the Psychopath's Bible)

Erica Jong

"The trick is not how much pain you feel -but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses."

Irene Peter

"Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed."

Douglas Copeland

"Sometimes I think the people to feel saddest for are people who are unable to connect with the profound -- people such as my boring brother-in-law, a hearty type so concerned with normality and fitting in that he eliminates any possibility of uniqueness for himself and his own personality. I wonder if some day, when he is older, he will wake up and the deeper part of him will realize that he has never allowed himself to truly exist, and he will cry with regret and shame and grief." (from Life After God)

Chuck Palahniuk

"You know how you look at ugly hunchback girls, and they are so lucky. Nobody drags them out at night so they can't finish their doctorate thesis papers. They don't get yelled at by fashion photographers if they get infected ingrown bikini hairs. You look at burn victims and think how much time they save not looking in mirrors to check their skin for sun damage.

"I wanted the everyday reassurance of being mutilated. The way a crippled deformed birth-defected disfigured girl can drive her car with the windows open and not care how the wind makes her hair look, that's the kind of freedom I was after.

"I was tired of staying a lower life form just because of my looks. Trading on them. Cheating. Never getting anything real accomplished, but getting the attention and recognition anyway. Trapped in a beauty ghetto is how I felt. Stereotyped. Robbed of my motivation.

"In this way, Shane, we are very much brother and sister. This is the biggest mistake I could think would save me. I wanted to give up the idea I had any control. Shake things up. To be saved by chaos. To see if I could cope, I wanted to force myself to grow again. To explode my comfort zone." (from Invisible Monsters)

Ichi the Killer

"Listen, when you're hurting someone don't think of the pain that he feels. Only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner... It's ok. Do it like you want to kill me."

American Beauty

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... and then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...

You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... You will someday."

(I forget who said this)

"The person of awareness sees what he or she is looking at. A person of focus is master of themself, with also the talent to lead others. If you want to reach enlightenment, to discover your true nature, if you want to wake up, you must focus on a single point. If you are constantly distracted by the things all around, then you will never notice the center of your attention. But once you've moved from thecenter - then you are always aiming true. "

Shakespeare

"There would have been time for such a word

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,

Creeps in this petty page from day to day

To the last syllable of recorded time

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more: it is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing."

Christopher Hyatt

"Both Satanic cults and Christian fundamentalists are closer to seeing the truth than most normal people.

Something is going on, but it's not what they think. The Beast is staring out from each pair of eyes you see. Each glance in the mirror is the story of this world -- and the Toxick Magician loves mirrors. Each time he sees his face, he sees the self-destroying power of the species and the planet. This is his true freedom, which transcends any cult and any cult hero.

He knows that each person suffers silently and secretly and each person is constantly making up stories to hide his own hideousness from himself and others.

He has the strength and fortitude to face the Void and see the Beast deep within, eating its way out.

He knows that flesh is mostly for pain -- that pleasure is more fleeting and pain is more enduring. He laughs into the Cosmic Belly of Hell as the Beast consumes him."

(from the Psychopath's Bible)

Baphomet.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?”

-chris rock

i likey

A delusion of grandeur is when you're a hell of a lot happier than other people think you should be.

-- Terence McKenna

They say the entire human race is nothing but a small and insignificant speck in our universe, but I will tell you what. I don't see anyone else around here.

- Warren Ellis

(from memory and probably all fucked up)

"I think it could be said that there are two kinds of people in this world....Those who like Jane's Addiction and those who don't...."

- Dude I work with

in fact i think i love her.....nah, scratch that, i just want to hit it from the back while she calls me "senator".....

- boogie hands

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?”

-chris rock

what the fuck is that doing there?

lol....i guess its cause of the stereotype that french people are arrogant....and they called us arrogant (regarding iraq)....

i wouldnt know though....ive never been to france....and the only french person i ever knew was a huge pot head that had weed and bob marley posters all over his apartment....cool guy though.