Great Quotes.

King Of Hell

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Revolutions are the locomotives of history"

"The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles."

"The gears of capitalism are oiled by the blood of the workers."

"The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them."

-I think you all know who it is (i hope you do)

"Democracy is like having two wolves and a lamb decide what to eat for lunch" (sumthin like that)

"Freedom in capitalist societies is the same as freedom in ancient greek republics: freedom for the slave owner" (sumthin like that)

-both lenin

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it" -Che

oh i forgot this one:

"Philosophy is to the real world waht masturbation is to sex" -another karl marx one

• 4 months later...

THE RESURRECTION!!!

"The tree of liberty must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." ---Thomas Jefferson

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five." --- Benjamin Franklin

"God did not create us, we created god" --- Christopher Hitchens

"People some times say there must be more than just this world, than just this life. But how much more do you want? We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they're never going to be born. The number of people that could be in your place out number the sand grains of the Sahara, if you think about all the different ways our genes could be permuted... you and I are quite grotesquely lucky to be here.. the number of events that had to happen in order for you to exist, in order for me to exist. We are privileged to be alive and we should make the most of our time on this planet" --- Richard Dawkins

• 1 year later...

"A man thinks that by mouthing hard words he understands hard things."

-Herman Melville

"Better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunken Christian."

-Herman Melville

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

-Walt Whitman

"Have you heard that it was good to gain the day? I also say it is good to fall, battles are lost in the same spirit in which they are won."

-Walt Whitman

"Whatever satisfies the soul is truth."

-Walt Whitman

I like that last Walt Witman.

One of my favorite quotes is in my signature. Here's one from Rorschach.

"Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion. There is nothing else. Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world. Was Rorschach. Does that answer your questions, Doctor?"