what happened to all the jesus fans? i mean hockey. they're polishing the knob today!

boogie hands

Re: what happened to all the hockey fans? i mean jesus. they are polishing the cup to

people love hockey on the east coast. im also (somewhat) fresh from one of the best hockey towns in the southeast. so yeah, i definitely enjoy it. i enjoy football more but im definitely down with hockey.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: what happened to all the hockey fans? i mean jesus. they are polishing the cup to

anaheim is definitely taking it tonight. i cant see them giving up more than a goal at home. im going to predict a 3-1 win, with an empty netter.

arguing about which sport is better is stupid. apples and oranges.

people love hockey on the east coast. im also (somewhat) fresh from one of the best hockey towns in the southeast. so yeah, i definitely enjoy it. i enjoy football more but im definitely down with hockey.

Hell yeah the east coast is all about it. I played hockey all the time when I lived in Boston and when the ponds freeze over.. pick up games. Yeah!

yep.

Re: what happened to all the jesus fans? i mean hockey. they are polishing the cup to

It is fun to watch in the pub sometimes over a few beers. The vicious fights are always entertaining. I live near the stadium in Vancouver, shit gets hectic.

nah dude. i grew up during the amazing era of jordan, bird, barkley and johnson..

bird parish and all the great celts era is what im talkin about real basketball man I miss those days.....

i agree 100%. the fact that the first two games of the finals are on rivals tells you there is a problem. i think the other main issue is the length of the season. network or major cable coverage, drop the season down to fewer games so that each one actually matters and youll be off on the right foot. i honestly think that at this point the only people who watch hockey are people who grew up playing, people who live/lived in a hockey town and canada. that doesnt amount to very much.

I don't know about this...

Baseball has 162 games while hockey has 82 and Baseball gets major play.

I think hockey doesn't market itself properly in the southern states. In all other major sports, the team, the players and the "stars" are marketed the shit out of. Everybody knows who they are, where they play, what position etc.. Not with hockey though.

The CBC did interviews just before the first game in Anaheim with peeps on the street to see if they knew who the captain of the ducks was, and nobody knew. not one.

They also went through all the major newspapers in the US and the local Anaheim papers and found "ONE" article in all the papers about the stanley cup finals, so media coverage is a huge part too.

my $.02..

IVE REALIZED THAT HOCKEY ISNT POPULAR BECAUSE YOU CANT JUST GO OUTSIDE A PLAY A GAME OF HOCKEY LIKE YOU CAN FOOTBALL OR BASKETBALL . THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE FUCK HOCKEY

street hockey / ball hockey?

I don't know about this...

Baseball has 162 games while hockey has 82 and Baseball gets major play.

I think hockey doesn't market itself properly in the southern states. In all other major sports, the team, the players and the "stars" are marketed the shit out of. Everybody knows who they are, where they play, what position etc.. Not with hockey though.

The CBC did interviews just before the first game in Anaheim with peeps on the street to see if they knew who the captain of the ducks was, and nobody knew. not one.

They also went through all the major newspapers in the US and the local Anaheim papers and found "ONE" article in all the papers about the stanley cup finals, so media coverage is a huge part too.

my $.02..

i think the main difference between baseball and hockey is the fact that baseball is such an american sport. people get behind baseball because it has so much history. in terms of marketing a sport i think that if you turn it into something people can get behind...a kind of "life or death" struggle...it will have more appeal. i feel like thats partially why the nfl is such a force right now. with so few games per season every sunday or monday is do or die which keeps fans passionate about what is going on. its about attracting the people who like it...not love it...which is why hockey is falling short and sports like basketball and baseball are slowly losing their foothold.

ps-nothing that i am saying applies to soccer. it is way to passionate to ever get boring.

Re: what happened to all the jesus fans? i mean hockey. they're polishing the knob to

I can't stand watching basketball for several reasons... such as:

-the last 2 minutes of every game ever is cluttered with time outs and stopped clocks, and can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to show with tv commercial breaks and shit...

-unless it is a tight game it is insanely boring

the same kind of goes for football, but I'd rather watch football anyday over basketball. the only sport I really care about is soccer though. I like hockey too, but not as much as soccer. the Euro cup is coming up pretty soon.