Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Ginger Bread Man

adobe after effects help needed ASAP

Guest Ginger Bread Man

im importing a photoshop file with layers into AE. the layers are 4500X3000 roughly. how can i import into AE with a 720x480 composition size.

what is happening now is when i import the file, it is automatically imported at 4500x3000 this means i then have to the change comp size and the the layer gets cropped on all sides<layer is to big for comp> as a result. i would have to scale down layer to make it fit. this means that when i zoom into the comp im really magnifying the original layer and the result is pixelation. i need optimal res to work with.

everything was working properly until i deleted a photo in the comp and i most likely changed something. im going crazy.

harvey wallbanger where u at

rumpuncher... anyone....

im importing a photoshop file with layers into AE. the layers are 4500X3000 roughly. how can i import into AE with a 720x480 composition size.

what is happening now is when i import the file, it is automatically imported at 4500x3000 this means i then have to the change comp size and the the layer gets cropped on all sides<layer is to big for comp> as a result. i would have to scale down layer to make it fit. this means that when i zoom into the comp im really magnifying the original layer and the result is pixelation. i need optimal res to work with.

everything was working properly until i deleted a photo in the comp and i most likely changed something. im going crazy.

harvey wallbanger where u at

rumpuncher... anyone....

1 why not resize the photoshop document in the first place, so you bring it in from psd at the right size?

2 drop the psd comp into a ae comp of the right size and scale it down, all layers at the same time.

in not sure that your doing with the deleted photo! no matter where you deleted it it should be somewhere. if you deleted it from the time line then it should in the library asset area. if you deleted it from the library you should see a color stipe image on the time line where the deleted image was,

Guest Ginger Bread Man

well the deleted image isnt the issue. its the result that is troubling me.

i understand the resizing however when i compared the output .mov file from this method and from my original method the resolution differs....

thanks for the response

no you can work large then in the render settings set the output size to what you want as well. yuou just need to make sure your sizes are in proportion.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

word ok well i gave it aa shot aand ive been working this way all day long. the output is of good quality. thanks for the response heavy

my thing is thats when i compare todays result to yesterdays the quality is 20% less ish.. anywho back to working like a slave for another 48 hours straight

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now