Marka27 Interview...

62ndApe

marka2.jpg

Sixty Second Ape recently caught up with Dallas graffiti legend Marka27. He was kind enough to give us an update on what he’s been up to and share some pictures of his recent works. Check out what he had to say...

SSA: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Marka: I go by Marka27; "Marka" means to write in Spanish or to leave a mark on a surface or brand. I was born in Juarez Mexico and thought it would be good for me to write a name that reps my Mexican roots. I grew up in East Dallas. The wrong side of the tracks East Dallas. The side with crack houses and liquor stores. I came up with some serious writers here. I started writing around 94’. I came up at the time with some homies around the way. We were all teenagers and skated the streets of down town Dallas and decided to tag a few things while skating. I was inspired by Ras13 the most when it came to style and color. I was inspired the most by Debt when it came to getting up, and of course I was also inspired by Ozone, Mosquito, Trip & Sholz from the early days of Ace parking, Exposition Park's Spray Can Alley, and Deep Ellum's Good Latimer tunnel.

read more...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.