plutonium paint...

poundlb

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

When this paint first got manufactured, it was actually just as nice as Montana. A chemist changed the makeup of the paint when all was said and done. And now you got what you got.....a can I'd trade straight up for a rusto or krylon anyday. Not hating, but shit is actually pretty bad. But to each their own.

The thing I like about the paint is the cans shape lets you get closer to the wall to pull off tight cuts. Also being able to paint upside down is the shit. I am trying to get on some next shit with painting. Montana is cool bu it fades like hell. And Rusto is good for an on the run quickly but you can't be serious using it to burn. That shit lacks enough dark colors to do any really dope shit. I have used eevry color and can say, the metallics and just about every can give damn good coverage.

If you need to to extremely long strokes at sooper close range, scrapin' don't cut it buddy. i have been using primo paint for a long time back when you could carry cans in your knap sack on a plane, back when Sparvar was the shit, and I can tell you this paint is definitely raising the bar.

I tried painting with Krylon recently and that was mad discouraging. I'd rather not paint if I had to use that ish. If cats are doing ABC pieces, just about anything will do, but there is definitely something to be said about people elevating the artform.

The bottom line about rusto is that it and krylon have limits, and no matter how dope you are with it, you'd be way doper using higher quality paint.

There is a reason that the European wirters are burning so hard, many of them have standards of excellence and strive to be the best.

I have painted in China using their shit brand paint and I can say as watery as it was I still preffered it to Krylon and rusto, simply because it cut better, and produced clearer lines. I painted with the best that was available at the time. Now that I am home, I do the same, and Brand K and Rusto no longer cut it.

tacer7.jpg

The thing I like about the paint is the cans shape lets you get closer to the wall to pull off tight cuts. Also being able to paint upside down is the shit. I am trying to get on some next shit with painting. Montana is cool bu it fades like hell. And Rusto is good for an on the run quickly but you can't be serious using it to burn. That shit lacks enough dark colors to do any really dope shit. I have used eevry color and can say, the metallics and just about every can give damn good coverage.

comments that caught the eye.

1. next level shit

2. montana fades?

3. rusto for a quicky but you cant be serious using it to burn.

responses

1. haha

2. i have seen stuff come back 5 years later looking like it was just done.

3. just stop already.

conclusion

super toy

its all about rusto son!

• 2 weeks later...
Rusto is good for an on the run quickly but you can't be serious using it to burn. That shit lacks enough dark colors to do any really dope shit.

Yeah, I was really relieved in the late 90s when euro paint came out and people were finally able to do burners for the first time ever.

(sarcasm)

Rustoleum has no dark colors???

AASfsBkbSpL.jpg

AASfsMblSpL.jpg

AASfsEssSpL.jpg

AASfsLgrSpL.jpg

Orly?

On the real though...I've tried it recently. It's decent...but that price is too high for it. Plus the color line needs expanded.

I will say this in its defense. It's really low fume, and for me that's a great thing.

Personal advice "Soopertoykiller" Let the product speak for itself.

• 1 year later...

the shop near my house was getting rid of it, i got it for 3.50 a can.

i dont mind it, and as far as "its own cap system" goes, they sell those as the Plutonium stock caps, you can use other caps such as pink dots, beige dots, astro fats.... etc.

and it doesnt smell like normal paint, it has a sweet smell to it, like candy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Can use upside down.

Also, just thought I'd post in here and rant about how a can of paint doesn't last two fucking minutes. Two throws and it's gone.. wtf mannnnn

This was the most amazingly retarded response I've heard. I can only imagine the thought process...."I can't wait to get that primo paint to go do some sick throwups bro".

Jesus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

plutonium paint

Im thinking about painting my motorcycle. I used paint shop in the past on my race car and was very impressed with the ease of painting. I would like to use it on my bike but am wondering if the paint shop primer is ok for plastic. the plastic is already painted so I will just be sanding and painting over that. Is that ok?

Archived