Ron Paul Revolution!!!!

vanfullofretards

What kind of anarchist are you, because I know anarchism has different categories. Please explain.

I am a Rothbardian Anarcho-capitalist. That said, I would argue for a gradual deconstruction of the state rather than a rapid one. I think that any sudden, drastic, change would be more likely to push people towards even greater tyranny. Perhaps in this sense you could call me a conservative anarcho-capitalist (haha). If you look on the Mises.org site, they have listed most, if not all, of Rothbard's books. Probably 'For a New Liberty' would be a good place to start if you were interested.

Up until a few years ago I was a staunch social-democrat with Marxist leanings. The shift began to occur when I gained a better understanding of economics. All of a sudden it became clear there was a stark consistency between classical liberal political theory, economics, and moral philosophy. An inter-disciplinary consistency that is largely unavailable to other ideological traditions. I retain a neo-marxist/post-modern approach to power analysis. I am very interested in what I see as a largely unrecognised synthesis between Foucault and Heyak, for example. So my position is nuanced rather than unabashed libertarianism. My sticking points in making the transition were really welfare related. I found it difficult to accept that those who are disadvantaged in life would not suffer, then I came to see that the method of welfare delivery causes as many problems as it prevents. I have posted a bit about this, but I think it has mostly been deleted.

What exactly are these social-democratic leanings you have? It might be beneficial to you to hash them out and could be good fodder for discussion.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
is he going to run 3rd party if he doesn't pick up the republican nomination?

i assume he hasn't stated this officially...

No, but they are throwing this in his face trying to discredit his Republican nomination even further.

He has said that he hasn't made any decisions, I supposed it all comes down to the GOP race and how well he does.

I have noticed how no one will talk to him about anything related to Austrian Economics.

There is no way he will be able to say that he wants corporations to have even less reins in todays economic times with his "free market" without looking like he is willing to sell out the American people in favor of big business. He can try to say that it was those reins that caused this (which he will try to do), but that only goes so far when you consider that there so far has been extremely minimal repercussions for this mess. How can the regulations on business be choking them if there are no punishments??

I think the only reason that no one is bringing it up, is because no candidate wants tol alienate the fringe right that seems to have a chokehold on the GOP, which is why there are so many candidates in this primary that have no chance in hell of even competing in a general election.

I for one hope there is a serious third party candidate. They will not win, but they will split the GOP further:)

It still amazes me how far right every candidate is. I do not like Romney, but at least he has been smart enough not to get pulled into far right nonsense, that will stop him from winning a general election (which is the only election that matters).

I have noticed how no one will talk to him about anything related to Austrian Economics.

There is no way he will be able to say that he wants corporations to have even less reins in todays economic times with his "free market" without looking like he is willing to sell out the American people in favor of big business. He can try to say that it was those reins that caused this (which he will try to do), but that only goes so far when you consider that there so far has been extremely minimal repercussions for this mess. How can the regulations on business be choking them if there are no punishments??

I think the only reason that no one is bringing it up, is because no candidate wants tol alienate the fringe right that seems to have a chokehold on the GOP, which is why there are so many candidates in this primary that have no chance in hell of even competing in a general election.

I for one hope there is a serious third party candidate. They will not win, but they will split the GOP further:)

It still amazes me how far right every candidate is. I do not like Romney, but at least he has been smart enough not to get pulled into far right nonsense, that will stop him from winning a general election (which is the only election that matters).

It may seem that way but Ron Paul can actually articulate his economic believes even further in a 1 on 1 debate, and with Obama's track record I don't see how you can hate on what Ron Paul thinks over what Obama has actually done.

The problem is, people don't understand what a "free market" is, and how it works, they just think it means corruption, meanwhile the system we have now isn't a free market, it never was a free market and we'll I think it's obvious how corrupt the last few years have seemed.

As I say to people all the time, he is the ONLY candidate on either side that truly represents freedom. He will take most "national" issue's like Gay Marriage and Abortion and turn them over to the states so even people in those area's can feel okay about his stances, he can press Obama on his decisions and stand by his record, he is the only GOP candidate that can do all of this. Oh and best Foreign Policy platform up there too.

You whole post is the same old thing from everyone of his supporters. No substance. When called into doubt, bring up freedom and liberty, even though no one is arguing those points.

He wants to give more freedom to corporations and let them do what they think is the best for their own interests, which is to make more money. These are the same corporations that got us to where we are currently and ronnie paulie wants to give them even more freedom because he thinks that they will fix something if they are able to run wild.

I understand exactly what a "free market" is. What I do not think you understand is, what a "free market" will do. Which is trade your current level of freedom from being controlled by the government (incompetence) into being controlled by corporations (greed) to maximize their profits at the expense of everyone involved, to include the environment.

If you think that oil companies that are currently polluting the environment and ruining drinking water to make more money because it is cheaper then being responsible are operating this way because of government regulations, what do you think they would do in a free market? Especially if there are numerous different state and local laws for a pipeline that runs across the country? Do you really think they would clean up their act? Do you think that the property rights argument will stop them?

Most of that free market nonsense applies only to localized markets, where it may work on a very limited basis, not to large multi-national companies.

Say what you will, I am done with this. I have made my point and there is zero evidence that austrian economics actually would work and the main reason for that is that it seems to be the only thing in this universe that is not able to have a mathematical theory behind it.

• Like 2

Video of ronnie paulie promoting the newsletter that has his name and also racist content that he says he did not write.

vote for ronnie paulie if you hate the diversity in America

Some of his cult might say that this is a smear campaign, but I say how can this be a smear campaign with ronnie paullie on video promoting this newsletter with his name and that same newsletter has printed racist bullshit??

Seems like a stand up honest guy to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you actually think he's a Racist?

Former aide on subject.

http://news.yahoo.com/former-opponents-discuss-ron-paul-racist-newsletters-185747121.html

Some more evidence: Austin, Texas NAACP President sounding off...

http://www.therightperspective.org/2011/12/24/ron-paul-no-racist-naacp-austin-president/

Continue to live in fantasy land though, it's your comfort zone.

EDIT: I know you hate youtube, but you can just view countless amount of video's from regular people (specifically Blacks) defending him and laughing at the Media for trying to portray him as such.

Check this out, or ignore it, whatever I just find it funny reading your posts at this point.

my concern on the issue is that Paul has not distanced himself from it, its authors, or even from racism. if this is the biggest campaign smear he's facing why is he not more vocal that this is not the case?

or is he? have i completely missed him doing this? (i'm okay w/ youtube links)

i do hope their is truth/merit to his anti-israel stance if he gets somewhere.

-There is a newsletter and mailings that have racist info in them.

-Newsletter and mailings have Ron Paul's name and sometimes his signature on them.

-Newsletters and mailings have been around for 10-30 years, depending on which ones we are talking about.

-Ron Paul says he did not write them and blames it on "ghost writers".

-Ron Paul has never really gets into who could have done this if he didn't, like he has claimed, even though they are his newsletters and mailings.

-Ron Paul is caught on video promoting these newsletters and videos.

Is any of this a lie??

At a worst, he is a closet racist. At a minimum, you can not trust anything that he says or that has his name or signature on it, since he is on video and also has his signature on all the racist bullshit. Yet he vaguely denies involvement.

Another thing is that he can not even sit down and honestly answer questions about this. (recent CNN walkout interview) I do not think he has ever answered honestly about these newsletters. You might say that he has years ago, but now that new info is popping up, it contradicts what he has said and he will not address these current findings.

Please feel free to show us all where he has addressed these newsletters and mailings which have his name on them and he has video of him promoting them. I have looked and all I can find is him talking very vaguely about it. which he seems to do about almost everyone of his talking points.

BTW, youtube videos of his supporters do not really represent anything about him, since any of us can make one or pay someone to make one. His video (him actually talking) promoting the newsletters speaks much more about the kind of guy he actually is.

You clearly haven't seen the footage that CNN released of the FULL INTERVIEW, not that trash that they put out trying to make it seem like he "stormed off" when that didn't happen at all, check that out here though (your definitely not watching this) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLonnC_ZWQ0 .

http://www.scribd.com/doc/76280303/PaulNewslettersFaq-Tunk#outer_page_2

Read this. Watch that full interview, still bang your head on the wall.

• Like 1

Too bad for you that his signature appears on the solicitation letter!

It could easily

have been photocopied. But suppose it wasn‟t.

So what?

Why wouldn‟t

Ron

Paul‟s name

appear on the solicitation letter?

It doesn‟t follow that

therefore

he wrote it, oranything else in the newsletters.

He‟s

someone for whom it is routine to draft and signhundreds of bills that never see the light of day. A request to ink one more piece of paperprobably would not strike him as way out of left field. Why is it so unthinkable that a full-timepolitician would have signed a letter encouraging people to subscribe to his politicalnewsletters while remaining aloof of the actual production process? You might also find Arianna

Huffington‟s signature on solicitation letters for the Huffington Post. Does that make her

personally responsible for everything inside?

I notice how you never fully address anything, just like him.

His name is on the newsletters.

His signature is on the mailings.

He never fully addresses the racist bullshit, only to say that he did not write or read it.

He actively promoted the newsletters and mailings.

He made close to $1,000,000 off them.

Like I said, at worst he is a closet racist and at best, you can not take him or anything else he says at face value.

I did see that interview, the full one and it is only minimally different, but it still does not address the issue or the fact that he can not even talk about it.

Do not kid yourself in that interview, he still did not answer any of those questions about the newsletters, other then say he basically had no knowledge of them (can he be much vaguer??). How can you honestly believe that he has no idea who wrote these letters?? Years and years of newsletters that he got paid for, with his name on them, and he has no idea who wrote them and he did not read them??

So I guess, you support what he stands for, but you can not figure out if something is actually from him or not, even though his name and signature is on it and he also received alot of money from it??? Sounds like real presidential material.

BTW, I do like how you give a link as facts, that have a author named "Tunk" and quotes major libertarian sources that have been linked to the same newsletters. Very unbiased of you. Keep reading from the script.

Why is it that no ronnie paulie supporter wants to accept that he has flaws of any type?

I also notice how you fail to address any of his other flaws relating to Austrian Economics, which is the backbone of his policies.

So are your baseless accusations, you sound like you work for CNN or FOX.

Let me grab an article or a video that is edited to make RP look bad so I can present my case.

We're dogs chasing tails here, why don't you just start another thread for who you support, this way you just don't sit in here grasping at straws.

I see you are full of quality arguments supporting ronnie paulies history and/or policies. hahaha

I guess user made videos on YouTube and name calling fact sheets from Tunk are what you call quality media.

The old video of ronnie promoting the newsletter and the video from CNN where he can not answer any questions are great examples of unedited ronnie paulie dodging the subject of the newsletters.

You seem just like the rest of his supports, you only want to hear about the "fluff" and nothing of substance about his policies and history.

A simple question of "who wrote the racist articles that have your name on them, that you actively promoted, and that you received almost $1,000,000 from?" should not be that difficult of a question to answer honestly. The fact that his answer is that he did not read them and does not know who wrote them, just shows his simple mind and incompetence that does not hold up to presidential material.

It seems that you and the rest of his supporters only like him because of his stance on liberty, but not one of you can effectively (including ronnie paulie) support the free market nonsense or any of his other vague policies in real world scenarios.

I just want to say the dude above me is a huge fucking faggot.

Id slay you homie, but I see you're one of those types who even when they get a rebuttal act like the response is meaningless and fact less.

Who do you support, or are you too chicken shit to admit it?

And I see we have another ronnie paulie supporter.

So glad you came here with such a plethora of knowledge on how his policies would react in real world scenarios.

I will await my slaying. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bottom line is that none of you can back up any of his talking points that are unrelated to liberty.

Bottom line is youre a cocksucking troll.

Again and again you show youre not worth arguing with because no matter how much you get exposed you just respond with ''you didnt answer my question''

Well guess what mother fucker, neither do you.

And I could and will, just not with some faggot who trolls RP but wont state where he/she/heshe

stands.

Fuck off nurga, just because your community college government class makes you feel intelligent dosent mean you are

• Like 1

I respond with

''you didnt answer my question''

because none of you are able to back up your support for him and answer any questions intelligently. Liberty and property rights are not answers to every question. Very few of you are able to talk at all about Austrian Economics, which is what he has based all his policies on. Every ronnie paulie support is a troll and has been for years. All of you are notorious for harassing anyone who says anything about him that is not blind support for him.

Maybe you should read up and then come back when you have something to say.

I am still awaiting my slaying by an obviously more intelligent scholar like yourself. :lol: :lol:

BTW, in case you are having trouble comprehending the conversation, not once has anyone on this thread been able to use RPs policies and make them fit a real world situation. Hell, he can't even do that himself.

And I could and will, just not with some faggot who trolls RP but wont state where he/she/heshe

stands.

This is exactly what i mean. Instead of talking about how his policies would work, all of you just want to change the discussion. You just so happen to want to make it him against someone else, instead of talking about him. It does not matter who i support, because this is about RP. Stay on topic, although I am sure that might be hard for someone who can not see past the words "liberty" and "freedom"

In your two posts, you have not said one thing to support him and have attacked me. Who really is the troll?