Ron Paul Revolution!!!!

vanfullofretards

did i fucking have to? the rest of the candidates are globalist elites who only want what is in their best interest, not yours or mine. their tongues wag, but their actions speak differently.

so, you want me to specify? obamas wife is CFR. he's for socialized medicine. real trouble. mccain was part of the keating five, his wife was indicted on drug charges, hillbilly and mena + all the murders committed while they sat in the whitehouse. nothing else needs to be said. mittwitt, a fucking criminal who wants to take away your guns and follow bush's plans to stay in the middle east.

what else do you want me to say about these whitewashed mannequins?

that still doesnt fit the definition of smarmy. in fact, you gave a list of synonyms for the word. the definition paraphrased is relating to a false sense of earnestness. that covers all politicians, but just the same, poor choice of words.

and if you had paid attention to out past discussions, you would know that none of those mentioned by you are my candidate.

fail.

http://www.merriamwebster.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny though, seeing that even his supporters have basically surrendered to the fact that he is simply not going to win, this thread seems to have turned more into a republican/libertarian meet and greet thread.

and you were all so enthusiastic in the beginning!

Double haha (hahahaha)

Seriously, I have a lot of respect for Ron Paul... don't agree with him on a lot, but dude is straight up with his shit and I admire that. But damn if you guys are making it waaaaay easy to dismiss his following. The fervency and obsessiveness over your candidate has gone from helpful to detrimental to his image.

Carry on though.

may i ask what you don't agree with him on?

funny though, seeing that even his supporters have basically surrendered to the fact that he is simply not going to win, this thread seems to have turned more into a republican/libertarian meet and greet thread.

and you were all so enthusiastic in the beginning!

i personally don't know anyone who actually thought he would win, we all hope though. Him winning is only the icing on the cake. Social change and enlightenment though political/financial reform has always been the cake.

that still doesnt fit the definition of smarmy. in fact, you gave a list of synonyms for the word. the definition paraphrased is relating to a false sense of earnestness. that covers all politicians, but just the same, poor choice of words.

and if you had paid attention to out past discussions, you would know that none of those mentioned by you are my candidate.

fail.

http://www.merriamwebster.com

Wait huh. Who you going for then. I'm not searching.

Anyways I vanted to pvlay a gvame, a gvame of gvuessing.

My guess says your choice is either be Hillary, Kucinich, or Huckabee. But Huckabee is stupid, and Kucinich doesn't have the 'chance-to-win' capability that requires your support. So it's Hilary.

I win?

lol, yeah because we all know that getting rid of the federal reserve is a brilliant idea.

oh don't worry about that, he just doesn't want it to be a private corporation and makes sure it under the control of the government so that when the government wants to audit the books....a full disclosure is provided in a timely manner.

Also he wants to insure that a money doesn't cost more to produce than its monetary value is. Every dollar has debt attached to it. That debt is paid for with more paper money. So it is a never ending cycle of debt.

An outstanding amount of economists believe that the federal reserve system is terrible. The federal reserve goes against laissez-faire economy fundamentally.

Sure you may not believe that the people who run it are up to no good, but you should know that it does no good. Ha..

You should really study economy, even briefly, before going obanuts on a big portion of the economists community.

thought some of you might enjoy reading this and observing the similarities..

10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c., &c.[4]

i always giggle when people defend the very institutions, (the fed in this case) that has created all most of our problems in the last century.

i don't giggle, because its sad. This institutions are familiar, comforting and become habit like many things do. Breaking habits are scary, painful, rebounds are common, often require new ways of thinking or replacement with constructive/healthy habits. The process is lengthy and arduous.

oh....arduous, bubble letter time.

thought some of you might enjoy reading this and observing the similarities..

10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c., &c.[4]

This is scary....time to move to militia camps.

For those of you who haven't read:

Industrial_Society_and_Its_Future

I have found it to be thought provoking.

The five bullet points of the introduction:

Introduction

1. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in "advanced" countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering—even in "advanced" countries.

2. The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it may eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: there is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

3. If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.

4. We therefore advocate a revolution against the industrial system. This revolution may or may not make use of violence: it may be sudden or it may be a relatively gradual process spanning a few decades. We can't predict any of that. But we do outline in a very general way the measures that those who hate the industrial system should take in order to prepare the way for a revolution against that form of society. This is not to be a political revolution. Its object will be to overthrow not governments but the economic and technological basis of the present society.

5. In this article we give attention to only some of the negative developments that have grown out of the industrial-technological system. Other such developments we mention only briefly or ignore altogether. This does not mean that we regard these other developments as unimportant. For practical reasons we have to confine our discussion to areas that have received insufficient public attention or in which we have something new to say. For example, since there are well-developed environmental and wilderness movements, we have written very little about environmental degradation or the destruction of wild nature, even though we consider these to be highly important.

An outstanding amount of economists believe that the federal reserve system is terrible. The federal reserve goes against laissez-faire economy fundamentally.

Sure you may not believe that the people who run it are up to no good, but you should know that it does no good. Ha..

You should really study economy, even briefly, before going obanuts on a big portion of the economists community.

funny, my brother has his masters in economics and has been working with and in the "economists community" for some time now. i've heared quite the opposite from him and every single one of his colleagues. the jist of it being that doing away with the federal reserve would create the biggest disaster our nation has ever been through.

"the jist of it being that doing away with the federal reserve would create the biggest disaster our nation has ever been through"

the federal reserve has caused the purchasing power of the dollar of 2008 to be worth $.04. inflation is a killer. it kills capital. eliminating the fed would have to be done in phases. first you would legalize competition in monetary units. make gold and silver legal tender again.

if US were put back on the gold standard, government would be checked. it couldnt travel the world being the world police. it would be held accountable on spending because it couldnt print money. the people would have the power.

if that is bad, i guess you are right the fed is a bad thing. especially to beltwayites. if you want a government that cradles you from birth to death, and has endless wars, then yeah, the fed is a great thing. the first central bank in england was created especially for the king to finance wars.

Well only the US Congress has the ability to have everyone agree completely on an issue and have it go forth as the truth. So I wouldn't put much into the fact that your brother disagrees.

And since I doubt your brother is the leading expert on these issues I'll stick to the overwhelming evidences that supports the fact that this country is better off without a private bank controlling our economy from the shadows. C'mon man, even your brother has to admit that it is a little too trustworthy, right?

most 'economists' tend to support the big brother state. they are the ones that urge you to only buy stocks. and that they can never go down. they also never predict recessions and only predict growth.

economists are like stockbrokers who are like barbers. to a barber you always need a haircut. so it is with the fed. you always need their guidance on monetary matters. they say they can make a dollar act like gold, yet have destroyed the dollar. and people still defend it all based on fallacy.

"the jist of it being that doing away with the federal reserve would create the biggest disaster our nation has ever been through"

the federal reserve has caused the purchasing power of the dollar of 2008 to be worth $.04. inflation is a killer. it kills capital. eliminating the fed would have to be done in phases. first you would legalize competition in monetary units. make gold and silver legal tender again.

if US were put back on the gold standard, government would be checked. it couldnt travel the world being the world police. it would be held accountable on spending because it couldnt print money. the people would have the power.

if that is bad, i guess you are right the fed is a bad thing. especially to beltwayites. if you want a government that cradles you from birth to death, and has endless wars, then yeah, the fed is a great thing. the first central bank in england was created especially for the king to finance wars.

dead on!

Viva la Revolution!

Hey, this is Theme's brother, the one with the master's in Economics. I'm not a beltwayite, but I do work in the financial sector and I read a lot of literature on finance and economics. So I feel a have a decent grip of the issues, and there isn't a lot of support among economists for eliminating the Fed. I don't know of any serious serious economists that support it.

What do you mean when you say that the Fed has caused the purchasing power of the dollar in 2008 to be worth $.04? I'm not clear what this number means. Are you talking about the exchange rate? If you are then your numbers are way off.

As for the Fed printing money to finance wars, that's not what it does. If it did, the US government wouldn't be running a budget deficit - they would just print more money. The Fed has nothing to do with foreign policy. We fought the Spanish American War while we were on the gold standard, so I don't see how going back on it would keep us from being the world police.

As far as inflation, you're right that inflation kills capital, but is this something you're really worried about? You say that economists are the only people who urge you to buy stocks. Well stockholders tend to have a lot of capital, so they're the ones who would be most hurt by inflation.

You're also correct that going back on gold would virtually eliminate inflation, but the Fed can also do this. It ended the inflation of the late 70s and early 80s by limiting the growth of the money supply.

Listen, I'm not trying to say that the Fed is the greatest or most democratic institution ever. But you guys seem to have no idea what it actually does. If you think the Fed is "controlling our economy from the shadows," maybe you're just not reading the right media. There are a whole slew of magazines and newspapers that report on the Fed's every move.

I think the Iraq war was possibly the greatest mistake in the history of our country. I think that personal liberty is under threat because of the Patriot Act. I just don't see what the Fed has to do with any of this.

when the fed was created the US dollar was worth one dollar. to buy that same thing that cost one dollar in 1913 (roughly from 1913-late 1920's) you now need a $1.96. the dollar has declined in value, that is, has been inflated away by 96%.

the fed does print money. governments have 3 ways to grow. they can tax. if they taxed us for everything they spend, the 2nd american revolution would of started around the time of the new deal. they can borrow. right now we borrow something like 2 billion dollars a day from the chinese. or they can inflate the money supply. the increase the money supply, therefore lowering the value of the dollars already in circulation.

without the FED we would not be the worlds police nor have the huge welfare state that we have. they create money out of thin air. the fed buys bonds by placing 0's on the computer screen. or they simply print more money to add to circulation.

the fed could probably technically eliminate inflation, but it cant. the political pressure for easy money and credit is to much. they have not stopped inflation, ever. as i said, we have lost 96% of the dollars value since 1913.

then again, im an austrian type gold bug, so i dont expect much of anyone side with me. the only time the austrians get a mention is when the booms bust.

Archived