Guest --zeSto--

I like to walk.

Walking is for heteros.

Walking is for homos.

Walking is for boys.

Walking is for girls.

ah... walking.

The great equalizer.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to skate for K2 when i lived in italy....I used to go to skate parks and shit with a few friends and some G.I.'s that were sponsored with me...crazy time..

I still have my K2 "Soul Slides" at home in the garage..

They were the first agressive skate k2 made, they had a metal chasis, and came with fat boys if i remember, and butter wheels in the middle...

but i dont remember exactly if i put them on there myself....

Anywhoo... i stopped skating when i came back to the us and started skateboarding alot more than i did....

I love both the sports..but personally i found that skateboarding is harder to do tricks...but i did slam alot harder on blades...

Originally posted by jeff123456

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH ROLLOR BLADEING AS LONG AS THERE TRIC SKATES... JUST CUZ SOME SKATER ONE DAY SAID FRUIT BOOTING IS GAY ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERYONE THINKS ITS GAY...

IVE MET TONS OF CRAZY WRITERS THAT FRUIT BOOTERS.... JA FRUIT BOOTS... IF YOU'VE NEVER DONE IT THEN U CANT SAY ITS GAY..

FRUIT BOOTING TAKES HELLA MORE SKILL THEN SKATING BOARDING... WHEN UR SKATEBOARDING U CAN EASILY BAIL BUT WHEN ROLLOR BLADING U CANT BAIL AT ALL...

wow you're retarded and sure know how to make am ockery of yourself

Originally posted by Giving Tree

do ANY of you remember where skatboarding was when it started? it was a sad version of the ballet... it took a good lenght of time for it to become what it has.

give inline roller whatever some time. it'll straighten out as it grows up.

on a different note.. im probably better than most people here on a skateboard or skates.

*added= yes this is an audacious (sp) claim, but i god a video out to back it up... 2 chapters in fact.

well said...as a matter of fact there was a thing on mtv sunday night about the movie about dogtown and the z-boys. and i know most skateboarders know the roots and how it started. thats all

quick quiz hotshot

Originally posted by MoeLarryCurly

well said...as a matter of fact there was a thing on mtv sunday night about the movie about dogtown and the z-boys. and i know most skateboarders know the roots and how it started. thats all

Who invented the Ollie? Where did he come from?

*NOTE: this question is directed at MoeLarryCurly, the rest of you can try after he admits defeat...

Guest FoReVeRpHLy

mna at my local skatepark there are all thse 8 yr old fruiters and they sit on the top of the fun box and cry cuz thye got a boo boo and there capri sun ran out and spilled in the quarter pipe...yah there are SOME cool rollerbladers i havent met any yet but maybe somewhere...

Re: quick quiz hotshot

Originally posted by Smart

*NOTE: this question is directed at MoeLarryCurly, the rest of you can try after he admits defeat...

I KNOW......

ITS....

(im not gonna tell...just yet.)

Re: quick quiz hotshot

i am not trying to be a hotshot whatsoever. probably most of you are more knowledgable than me on this. bbut to take a stab at it Alan Gelfand.

i honestly do not know..i honestly wasn't saying that i know anything about skatebaording rather that i was pointing out how skateboarding started out how it was looked upon as different back when it came about and that like someone else had said parts of it were "performance" oriented. that's all.

nah, I was being facetios with the 'hotshot' comment, but you're right about Alan... where did he come from? (I ask this question for a reason too... one that provides the bridge between the 'old school' of 80's skating w/ the 'new school' of the 90's)

Also, a question for everyone, What is the 'Next School'?

Obviously Alan Gelfand laid the primary foundations to todays Ollie-centric tricks, what trick is gonna be exploited for the next level? Obviously it can't be ollies or grabs, or ollie grabs, so, where's the new?

Originally posted by shameless self promotion

I still have my K2 "Soul Slides" at home in the garage..

They were the first agressive skate k2 made, they had a metal chasis, and came with fat boys if i remember, and butter wheels in the middle...

but i dont remember exactly if i put them on there myself....

I remember them! Soul Slides blew goats. They didn't come with butter wheels in the middle - you must have put them there. Hyper Fat Boys where fucking excellent though. You can't get them anywhere now. all you can get are fucking tiny, rock hard wheel - I think thats cheating, because you are basically making sure your skates don't roll - might as well be wearing shoes.

up untill last month, (when my parents fecked them out...) I still had my Oxygen Argon 1.1's. They were REALLY heavy, but indefuckingstructable. I miss them.

• 6 months later...

Obviously Alan Gelfand laid the primary foundations to todays Ollie-centric tricks,

well it was said that alan geflands ollie was out of bowl, no handed but using the force of coming out of a bowl. rodney mullen was said to be the first to do and ollie on flat ground. iono doesnt really matter.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Dude, I miss my Bauer F3's so much... probably the worst skate to do wild shit in, but I spent so much time on em... I ground down the plastic webbing on the chassis between the middle wheels with a Dremel so I could attach grinding plates, I switched from threaded spacers to non-threaded ones so I could have the extra rigid single bolt-and-nut (as opposed to double-bolts), upgraded to ABEC 3's, nice squishy wheels that rolled like butter (which I dutifully rotated every week), added an extra velcro buckle for ankle rigidity (fuck the lose ankle riding style), and the kicker...

...painted the boot with my airbrush, red-to-yellow on the outside, green-to-blue on the inside of the foot. Little did I know that such a rainbow-like color scheme was an indication of how gay rollerblading was about to become. Ah, those days... Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yep, haha, they were pretty awful... but the one good thing they had going for them was that they were light as hell. I could jump really fucking high with them, while my homies in their Lightning TRS's clipped their wheels on edges and ate shit facefirst. Beer,

El Mamerro

• 6 months later...
Guest im not witty

that might possibly be the gayest tattoo ive ever seen. i mean maybe if that guy was sucking off a guy while giving two other dudes handjobs, it could be a bit more gay.

JA ARTICLE

THE FIRST TIME I meet JA, he skates up to me wearing Rollerblades, his cap played backward, on a

street corner in Manhattan at around midnight. He's white, 24 years old, with a short, muscular build and

a blond crew cut. He has been writing graffiti off and on in New York for almost 10 years and is the

founder of a loosely affiliated crew called XTC. His hands, arms, legs and scalp show a variety of scars

from nightsticks, razor wire, fists and sharp, jagged things he has climbed up, on or over. ......

Archived