is there anyone who actually thinks the star wars 'prequels' were even acceptable?

seeking

Re: is there anyone who actually thinks the star wars 'prequels' were even acceptable

last night i read this while under the influence and i got so fucking confused due to "the last 3, the prequels and 1,2,3" getting tossed around at random.

just thought i'd mention it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: is there anyone who actually thinks the star wars 'prequels' were even acceptable

okay, so the first three, the originals are considered the "sequels". the new ones are the "prequels". i guess it depends on who you're talking to; either a logical person with good taste in film, or a dillusional star wars nerd. either way, it's pretty fucked up.

well i understand it now. and i caught on after thinking about it last night. but last night while reading through it i was like man. what the fuck in one post they are praising these ones and in the next they are condemning them. arrrghgh.

yeah. drugs make you stupider.

the problem with the prequels, is that they're like everything else now a days: transparent and gimmicky. the dialogue sucked, they went for easy laughs (that floppy eared house nigger - i cant remember his name, yoda doing crazy flips and shit) its like they just did a bunch of stuff that people would want to see, or that would seem zaney, but none of it fits in with the last three. obviously you're going to have issues writing them so far apart, but still....fucking try dude. please?! they took 3 movies that basically were untouchable, and destroyed half of their credibility. stars wars became the metallica of movies. such a fucking let down.

its not really a generational thing, although i suppose that plays into it. but if you were to watch all six, watching the last 3 first, then the first 3, you'd see a serious decline in story telling, character development, intelligence, continuity, and every other aspect that makes a story a classic. as mentioned, even though the technology got better, honestly, it sort of effectively got worse. they relied too much on technology and bullshit and not enough on story. there would have never been a fucking 'pod race' in the first 3. that shit was thrown into the movie just to sell fucking video games. thats fucking disgusting. the fact that star wars fans didnt go ape shit and burn george lucases face off is a miracle.

this is making me mad. i need more beer.

'House nigger' is probably the most offensive phrase I have heard.

Agree with Rental that the special fx in the original three are horrid.

George Lucas is such a greedy cunt. His sole concern was to make money with the latest three at the expense of everything else.

As someone who grew up watching the originals I fucking love them, but I would like to burn an effigy of Mr Lucas. Also, my dad met him and said he was a boring shit. The worst thing he ever did was change A new Hope in those shitty new editions so that greedo shoots at Han solo first. But cmon, how do the new ones affect viewing pleasure of the old, you just have to block that out