is there anyone who actually thinks the star wars 'prequels' were even acceptable?

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: is there anyone who actually thinks the star wars 'prequels' were even acceptable

i thought episode 3 was the best one yet.

i don't even think i saw episode 2, and all i remember about episode 1 was some little snotty-nosed kid racing the whole movie. ghey.

I only saw the ones you mentioned. I haven't seen the 2nd newest one either, and could really care less. but yeah, at the end of the day, I think the whole series is way overrated. It is cheesy, but unintentionally, whereas I much prefer cheese that is intentional.

/notastarwarsnerdoner

Re: is there anyone who actually thinks the star wars 'prequels' were even acceptable

I live in the universe or starwars. It is a religion. I read all the books, play the damn video games. Honestly, I love star wars so much that I honestly believe the rest of the world just doesn't "get it".

I only saw the ones you mentioned. I haven't seen the 2nd newest one either, and could really care less. but yeah, at the end of the day, I think the whole series is way overrated. It is cheesy, but unintentionally, whereas I much prefer cheese that is intentional.

/notastarwarsnerdoner

mega co-sign

My dad is an old Star Wars fan, so naturally I took hold.

I was about 11 or 12 when the Episode 1 came out. I fucking loved it. Double bladed light-saber? Yes please! /nohomo. Since then Ive moved thru pre-teens to teens with the new ones, still having respect for the first releases.

I honestly cant hate on any of them. I can see where dissecting would create a disgust for the prequels but I didn't watch them with high expectations or a constant comparison to the senior films. I just appreciated the fact that Mr. Lucas had the balls to fuck with a legacy. Trying to keep the old and new fans simultaneously pleased is a very fucking difficult task.

then you probably like movies like tokyo drift
Tokyo Drift wasn't as bad as I assumed it was going to be, but that actor was totally shit.

And the pod racing part was way too long, way too predictable and boring as all shit.

Just my opinion though, but what is that creature from that movie that everyone hates? I mean, the question here should be whether everyone hates that creature or someone likes it.

stars wars became the metallica of movies

^ That says it all and...

I'm actually surprised a deranged star wars sociopathic nerd hasnt killed george lucas for the fucking gay as hell prequels

^ Yes I'm as surprised as everyone else that someone hasn't done a 'Dimebag' on his arse...

And oh yeah I forgot to add that I saw episode 1 5 times at the cinema back in 1999.

Each one of them, including the first which is the worst (it took me 5 viewings to realise), has their cool sci-fi moments where you're actually blown away by what you're seeing, but are quickly neutralised by camp dialogue in another scene e.g Mace Windu: "This party's over!"...

Yeah, the podracing was dope....everything else sucked. I love the orignal three...the rest can suck a nut. Just an excuse for them to make more products and movie tie ins and make millions and millions....milking a dead cow.

Same with the matrix. The rest were fucking trash.

On a sidenote, I wanted to watch that history channel shit, but I had work...someone send me a tivo...

i made the desicion not to see the prequels simply because i knew they would fuck them up , sounds like i made the right choice i guess. star wars was dope and never really needed some retarded money making prequels stuck on the front end

the pod racing scene might have been cool from a technical standpoint (i thought everything about it was gay as shit) but it didnt fit at all with the last 3 movies. there was no grand, extravagant bullshit done just to show off technology or sell a product. they stopped focusing on script and story, and started focusing on flashy cgi and fluffy bullshit. along with the metallica of epic movies, it is also the 3D piece of mvie graffiti. all flashy so people who dont know shit are impressed, but those who actually know are sitting there looking at it, going 'dude, you totally removed every ounce of soul from this shit".

seeks/eat sleep hate

I would like to say, that after i watched that show i was very disappointed..i was like " i sat down and watched this shit!" it was so dumb, it was so fucking lame..all they did was talk about all the political bullshit from the new 3 star wars, and all of the metaphors and all that, i was hoping it would be like showing fucking X-wings and tight prototypes for the millinum falcon and the space crafts shit like that, no..they fucked us..they fucked us for our time..

the new installments suck, i bet if they were to have stuck to the technology they uesed in the first ones the new ones would be up to snuff and i would have 6 awesome movies to watch while I draw and smokes the weedpot.

th enew ones were marketing, a lil something for everyone, about as dark as lil abner livene (or what ever her name is)

I saw the first one in the theater and was scared shitless when darthBlack platic man choked out White plastic dude, although now i watch that seen like "thats right whitey take that to the neck to fuck, enslave me now!'

the new ones lack:

not enough bobo fet action

and not enough darth shopping Mall.

im watching some history channel shit about star wars and where it draws all its imagry from.

when they show clips of the last 3, i get all sentimental like 'fuck yeah' and when they show the first three, i'm like...seriously? this is fucking gay. pretty much everything about them is just pathetically awful. the stuff they added into the last 3 is wack too.

am i alone in this? are there people who actually think the 'prequels' can even compare?

Agreed.

The original 3 where dope. 1st and 3rd particuly!

The most recent 3 where rubbish. The last one being the best of a bad lot.

Quite obviously just a G Lucus cash cow.

noone mentioned how wack jar jar binks or whatever was. the good and bad guys

was the gayest shit in the world.

i cant remember the 3rd prequel other than i thought it ruled. i was drunk. ill see it again.

i am drinking daytime for day#2 and will clown toys on 12oz all day.

i have yet to watch the latest batch of "star wars" movies. i tend to judge a lot of things at face value without giving them a chance. sometimes im totally wrong and feel like an asshole but then sometimes, when i see gay little cgi fueled sci fi movies parading around like they are the next round of an amazing series of movies i enjoyed when i was young, i feel like im so right there isnt even a point in discussing it.

YOU HAVE TOUCHED A MODEL OF THE DEATH STAR IN A GAY SERIES OF GAY SCI FI MOVIES?!

:jpotato: :jpotato: :jpotato: :jpotato: :jpotato: :jpotato:

star wars gay? nahhh your gayness is causing sensory overload and causing you to call something else gay when in fact YOU ARE THE GAY ONE! :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled:

on the real all three prequals were kind of boring...i'd rather not found out darth vader was a whiney emo. my respect and admiration for darth vader kind of went down after seeing the third one.

The 'prequels' are rubbish. They were just like any big-budget movie that comes out these days - overuse of CGI, an un-plot, filler, and hypehypehype. Still, people pay $8-10, see it, and then have the audacity to claim that the film was awesome. And the multiple appearances of the long-winded and strained "Noooooooooooooooo", shared by three characters.

And I thought farmers were the only people that paid for shit.

I've seen all of the first three of the Star Wars series (you know, the originals), so I was fucking amped when they were to be rereleased as a remastered DVD box set. After all the times I've watched it on VHS, it was finally out on DVD. Then I read that George fucking hacked them up and added the new characters along with CGI effects into the mix. Shitty, but I guess that's how it works. I was the smart consumer and did not purchase. Fuck George Lucas and major "blockbuster" movies in general.