Rollertricks

ooievaar

Been looking around the forum, cant really find anything about this.

What are youre favorite ways to make rollerpieces?

Long rollersticks, hanging over the edge, brushes/rollers. What do you use for outlines, size, type of emulsion.

Some nice or original use of techniques and maybe examples of your or other peoples work to illustrate??? Funny stories, do and donts? Whats the 101 on rollerpiecing?

I myyself prefer to use long extendible rollerstick (up to 10 metres) latex emulsion, furroller for the filling, wait some time and outline with acrylic latex (fastdrying and covers in 1 time) Also this doesnt reliquify the previous paintlayer.

Tryed hanging over a couple of times, just gives me muscle ace for a week. Maybe i need to work on my sixpack...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to experiment with a roller piece but have always envied them...

I have questions, no doubt:

1]. Latex paint. does it work for roll-ups?

2]. ....who me?

3]. Is it necessary to lay down a layer, then let it dry, and lay down another one, or can i just chunk up a color on top of a non-dry and go?

latex paint is good cuz it is durable, and it sticks fast, but you need to know what type of wall you are gonna do it on.

a wall that has been buffed will be much easier to roll on then a wall that has never been touched.

and yea, the latex paint is great if mixed with a little bit of water.

• 1 month later...

something has almost revolutionized the roller world i dont no if u guys have seen it but this is my first time

theres a vid on utube of it

u pour the paint into the head of the roller then u dont have to carry all the paint wit u and dip it cause it seeps into the roller while ur paitning for a continous flow

something has almost revolutionized the roller world i dont no if u guys have seen it but this is my first time

theres a vid on utube of it

u pour the paint into the head of the roller then u dont have to carry all the paint wit u and dip it cause it seeps into the roller while ur paitning for a continous flow

wat? give a link