Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

Been a minute. Craving steak the other night. 18 oz ribeye seared and baked. Roasted leeks. Sweet vermouth sauteed mushrooms. blistered tomatoes. It was rushed, not the best cut of steak, but I didnt care I was hungry and it was tasty...

photo.jpg.ebfac606ec18dec6d90437ed8126589f.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chicken ramen with soft boiled egg, spring onions & red chillis. 

From my last menu, seared foie gras, savory bread pudding, roasted apple puree, pickled apple, calvados caramel, crispy chicken skin.

Glad to see a familiar handle. I remember protester from times past. This thread was crackin for quite a while with a bunch of like minded food nerds! It was pretty epic, sharing recipes and what not.

Posted Images

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The New York TImes cooking site is awesome, I made the Peruvian chicken with spicy cilantro sauce from there last night and it was quite good. Served alongside garlic rice and some carrots.

The best training is hunger and lack of any option, but I am a hardass.

38 minutes ago, morton said:

The New York TImes cooking site is awesome, I made the Peruvian chicken with spicy cilantro sauce from there last night and it was quite good. Served alongside garlic rice and some carrots.

You subscribe?  I used to go to NYT often enough until they changed the food/recipe section to needing a subscription.  Think they partially changed back so you get a few freebies a month then have to subscribe for more?

8 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

?

For the past few years the in-laws have gotten my wife and I a NYT online subscription for Christmas. The paywall for the cooking section is not as soft as for the paper but a motivated person could probably cadge the content with recurring trial periods to bogus emails or some such shenanigan.

I have liked Mr Bitmans work for a long time and appreciate some of the features like email a shopping list for a recipe and weekly meal plan suggestions, not sure that I would pay for it, but by now my wife would probably want to buy the subscription even if the gifts stopped.  

I've gotten some good recipes from NYT over time so it was a slight loss but on the other hand caused me to branch out and add other sources.  Been focused lately on smoking chicken and turkey but am a fan of the Peruvian style chicken and have that on my list to make myself.  The sauce to go with is amazing too.

Glad to see a familiar handle. I remember protester from times past. This thread was crackin for quite a while with a bunch of like minded food nerds! It was pretty epic, sharing recipes and what not. Hopefully itll pick up a little steam again! 

Smoked leg of lamb, grits cake, morel mushroom, ramps, sunny side up duck egg, harissa sauce, scallion gremolata. Kind of bummed on the picture but, shit happens when your busy as fuck during Easter brunch service. Cheers!

20190421_085043.jpg

• Like 3
  • Props 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...