Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alure

post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There's a decently good chance that I'll be helping open/run a brewpub this next coming year. Prepare to see some "massive American sandwiches" as well as some creations which have been long in the works for an opportunity like this.

We find out next month what the next move will be for us, this is one of my favorite options.

Good luck redeye sounds awesome!

sorry for terrible pic.

Just chicken wings with rice with veggies

428937_10151303207573966_141788556_n.jpg

Looks nice mate. I'm gettin' hungry!

crayfish//

Ojrmn.jpg

It was late at night... plating could have been less like a 5 year old did it. But the cray was awesome.

cognac pate crusted fillet/ bernaise/ carbonara//

vfqUl.jpg

Haha, damn you!

Stopping drinking means I have the munchies, twenty four seven. Insane.

fillet/ baguette/ swiss/cheddar/avo/baby spinach/bernaise//

G1LZG.jpg

Flat out at the moment. Christmas 'n all.

So there's really no technique in any of these. There is however, only local ingredients. The beef is from down the road, the Crayfish caught fresh off the coast about half an hour away, chicken from twenty minutes away, cheeses and cream from the dairy about five minutes away, bread from the local bakery in town. Etc.

Even the pesto was made by one of my staff from stuff they grew at home.

Fuck I love it here.

crayfish/ avocado sauce/ rocket/ baguette/ cheddar//

Y1OUL.jpg

honey mustard chicken/ basil pesto/ french loaf/ pepper berry & honey vinegar//

1N86w.jpg

beef fillet/ spinach/ duck liver & cognac pate/ french loaf/ 80% cocoa chocolate w/ cracked pepper//

H7e3y.jpg

A very, very poorly thought out fudge dessert...

chocolate fudge/ sponge/ biscuit/ chocolate sauce/ double cream//

N49aW.jpg

...definitely needed a couple of raspberries or even a raspberry sauce.

• Like 1

Jeeseussss!!! When did this thread get so gourmet? All the stuff above, looks good..

Heres my ghetto shit:

Banh Mi from Saigon

Sandoquchv in the TL. I got tofu..with the exception of this sandwich, i fucking hate tofu for the most part. Shit is for the birds IMO, but this stuff at least has some flavor from marinade. Its also CRAZY sweet

p://i.imgur.com/3qIh0l.jpg[/img]

This is pork Jerky thats stupid expensive, but HELLA GOOD. Has a super soft, jerky-ness to it and

Its really sweet and its good:

2FVrMl.jpg

Notice sugar is second ingredient? Its like meaty candy but not bacon. Bacon is 'smokier'.

eYdiwl.jpg

We find out next month what the next move will be for us, this is one of my favorite options.

Tell me some good news Redman!?

IOU: I think you might be the king of eggs on here. I mean seriously, that's just not even fare anymore.

Tell me some good news Redman!?

IOU: I think you might be the king of eggs on here. I mean seriously, that's just not even fare anymore.

So here's the deal:

I worked in a place, upscale/fine dining, that was probably my favorite job ever. The owners and management were all great people, that's really hard to find in this business. We moved away from there to go to school, I went to culinary and the wife was trying to get into vet school (3 years, no luck...). I graduate in march, and HATE the job I'm working now. The food is amazing, but all the people are shitbags, cocks and nancies.

All That said, the people I used to work for have bought another inn, converted two rooms into a brewery, and are installing a commercial kitchen where the Tiny kitchen is now. The Restaurant will only seat about 35 people, 40 max. I've been talking with them for about a year about coming back as executive chef and making it a gastropub, sausages made in house and all food made from scratch. There isn't an establishment like that in that area, and there are A LOT of heavy drinkers...

I'm going back up there in February to sort of cater a late holiday party, I think the idea is that this will be like a working interview, except that they will be paying me, and paying for the food, and allowing me and the wife to stay in the inn for free for two nights ($400/night!) I think the decision has been made, it's just not official yet.

When it is official, and I have a final opening menu drafted... shit who knows... I might even make a thread about it!

• Like 1

Goodluck redeye! sounds awesome!

Here's my lunch for today. Rice with veggies and some salmon!

298904_10151341306243966_2138262516_n.jpg

Damn, thanks errbody! lol. Crazy support from teh oontz squad... much appreciated!

Now i just gotta keep squeeky clean while we're still here so I don't get stuck here for stupid shit...

Not even close. My mom was a short-order cook at one point. My egg and breakfast game are lagging. Baking it is easy.. Frying is 50/50 at this point.. My girl loves breakfast though, so I'm getting a lot of practice.