Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alure

post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is safeways brand five cheese pepperoni pizza. its bomb, the only frozen pizza i'll buy and they on sale right now for $3.49

sls9ig.jpg

Who doesn't like cookie dough

DSCN1110.jpg?t=1334017806

DSCN1111.jpg?t=1334017929

For those that can't decide, Brownie cookies

DSCN1114.jpg?t=1334018024

test run. Let em bake a lil too long.

Nothing impressive. Just filling and tasty. I was more impressed with how the biscuits came out. Added yeast and it made em soooo much damn better.

DSCN1119.jpg?t=1334018121

Aftermath shots of:

Chana Masala

DSCN1125.jpg?t=1334018213

Basmati rice

DSCN1127.jpg?t=1334018283

Curried Chicken. Coconut milk made it god damn

DSCN1130.jpg?t=1334018390

• Like 1

My bad.. That's why people don't wanna post. But seriously that no look good.

I made pizza tonight, but i ended up having a bit of extra dough. So i rolled it out and put pancetta, goat cheese, half an artichoke heart, and a bit of congealed pork and chicken broth (half of the ramen broth i do). Then i closed it up into a dumpling and brushed them with some egg before putting them into the oven at 425.

I just invented something amazing. I can not tell you how good this was.

The most complicated thing of that was the broth. And broths are easy. I always buy bones and chicken backs when i can. All you do is throw it in a pot and boil it til forever. Then you put them in the freezer. It takes time but every 5 gallon batch i do lasts a couple of months.

You ran game on that dish.

You have no photos, so it's all hearsay.

Basically, fuck you, because I can't try it.

Goin' full comfort food tonight. I will attempt proper photos for the first time in a long time.

If you want me to go full dick status, 'fusion dumplings' aren't new - but you've made it yourself, from your mind - enjoy the fuck out of it.

NBB does seem to make flavour from the bits and pieces a lot of us would throw in the bin - you've bought it, don't throw it away.

Dude i fully relinquish rights to that dish as long as you try it like this

-Pizza dough (this means fully bloated out pizza style bread)

-pancetta (im sure yall have some good pork belly)

-artichoke heart (self explainatory)

-solid goat cheese (from what i hear, aus will have no problem)

-a good congealed broth with pork cow or chicken (all three is better)

flatten out the dough.l

Add all ingredients

wrap up and twist as your closing the top

brush with egg

i put it in at 450.

But bet you could fry em, or steam em

You just tell me what BSM stands for, and I will put it on as a special within the fortnight - it's school holidays over here, so there's little fuckers runnin' around everywhere.

I will take photos.

Happy for suggestions on the BSM thing though...? Twelve? can you hear me twelve?

Lime vermecilli/ crusted salmon//

ImM1R.jpg

Everyone is different, I like my salmon in a way that a lot foodie's would consider overcooked... but hey, that's how I like my salmon. Plus I cut the little bugger open and then remembered I was going to talk shit on 12oz...

holy awesome! I was going to buy a small chemistry distiller to trial some failed wine I have sitting around. Thinking Id distill some brandy or something...better than dumping 17 gallons out back.

If you want any advice at all just ask me, I'm a bored drunk motherfucker.

been a while since i made myself sushi, so here it is.

IMG_0394.jpg

salmon ceviche, cucumber, pickled red onion, avocado, tobikko, mango habanero sauce.

turns out i don't like making my own sushi anymore, which is why i stopped making it. Tasted fine, too much fucking work for an app though...

Yeah you gotta make a day outta it. Have a sushi party and have a bunch of friends help roll them joints up. Then just sit and mow down on goodness. Im doing the weekend special this week. Super springish. Gonna do grilled halibut, a hash of nettles,fiddleheads,morels,yukon golds and bacon, fava bean "pesto" lemon mint vin, crispy beet hair. Ill have a picture tomorrow when we do the staff tasting.

So its cold and im doing another broth. I got a bunch of pork neck bones so that's good. I also have a duck carcass that i only cut the breasts and legs off of, so it's gonna have a LOT to give. And of course the usual onions and accoutrements that goes in broth..

My question for my chefy friends, what kind of soup should i turn this broth into. Because by the time im done with this cook down, the duck and pork s gonna have gave all it can, and im gonna strain it all out.

Decided to make crepes today...

Made a bunch of regular ones

cret.jpg

Decided to do some additives. Espresso, Hibiscus Juice, and then Ginger

cre2.jpg

Crep-egg

cre3s.jpg

Folded over all nice like...

cre4.jpg

hahaha I guess they did turn out good looking.....I use that pan for everything, I dont know what its specifically made for but I just love it. Not too deep, not too shallow, has the higher end curve to flip things....any of you cooks know what its meant for? anything specific or just for newbie ease?