post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Was feeling some lox the other day as I wandered around Trader Joes. Figured Id give their smoked salmon a try since I usually only have the Biltmore at my disposal. It was no where near as salty as the biltmore. Anyways...

ttwg.jpg

Left over bacon...left over salmon...bagels with no use...Big Smoked Salmon BLT!!! Deliciously messy..

g2mn.jpg

everything i have tried that had the words pepper and mango in it were on point. i haven't been into pork lately. think i might fry some chops after seeing that post.

Yeah I just came across a good price on peppers. Wasnt planning on cooking so I just grabbed a bunch of stuff. It was good but next time around I will marinate the pork and season it a little better.

1535755_611151298920531_1527693510_n.jpg

Grilled ahi, fennel and saffron mousseline, smoked paprika roasted cauliflower, water cress, fennel, pistachios

1511136_612912392077755_510964902_n.jpg

bone in herb crusted beef rib

1504139_612912402077754_121188825_n.jpg]

roasted brussels with caramelized onions

1536743_612912415411086_758107800_n.jpg

marinated beetroot with chevre and herbs

65380_624730257562635_1986428078_n.jpg

Salmon a la plancha, brussel sprouts, roasted fennel, hubbard squash puree, fennel and herb salad, herb oil.

1005780_627206623981665_208836757_n.jpg

Beet root panna cotta, whipped chevre, roasted beets, arugula and fennel salad w/ white balsamic vin, pistachios, herb oil. This one needs a

little work on the panna cotta, it was not quite as savory as i would have liked. I think the addition of some hard herbs steeped in the cream

mixture would elevate it to where i was trying to go.

1601258_630017507033910_1798017572_n.jpg?oh=74fd5dbaf16671d1f6dc155b9b8e68ba&oe=5370E833

Grilled pork belly, braised cabbage with apple and cider vin, salad of shaved apple, water cress and, smoked almonds, stone ground mustard jus.

1912346_639786946056966_53992319_n.jpg

Tonights special, grilled filet, roasted garlic and bleu cheese crust, rosemary scented whipped potatoes, roasted asparagus, red wine demi.

Pretty simple special considering. I had to improvise on the demi though seeing as we didn't have any veal bones in house. So I made an

intense dark veg stock using 8 different types of veg and added some kombu as well. let that go for a few hours then strained it off. the next

day came in and reduced it by half and added a bottle of cab sav and reduced it some more. to get the body you normally get in a veal demi

i added a little bit of xanthum gum and pectin. it is fucking un real how good it turned out. i let my chef taste it and he asked if i was sure there

was no meat product in it. It's completely vegan.

SO much fennel! Its one thing I havent grown to like. I dont like the liquorice taste. Im sure though I would of shoveled those plates down considering the flavors were paired accordingly. Im curious about that demi though. Trying to think of dark deep veg that would give away that flavor. Kudos to you though for a win. I got a ribeye in the fridge for tomorrow and some potatoes. Not sure what to do, Ive been kinda lacking in the culinary creation department as of late. I really need to strive to add better depth in my sauces. I have limited access to different products near my house and have to be prepared to pick stuff up when I commute to work. Anyways. I had an old coworker visit the city I work in so we chilled last night and I got some brunch this morning...

Crab deviled eggs. Not bad.

6xbl.jpg

Fried wontons, pulled pork, mustard BBQ sauce, melted cheese, lowcountry slaw, charred corn salsa

5hr1.jpg

"GRAMMA’S REVENGE"

Fried chicken, fried egg, bacon, honey Dijon, melted cheddar served sandwich stylein a waffle.

6ebt.jpg

Fuse, I used eggplant, beetroot, celery root, celery, fennel, onions, carrots, porcinis that i found in the freezer. I sliced all the veg super thin

then caramelized them added tomato paste and caramelized that. deglazed with red wine. Added it to a stock pot filled with equal parts veg

stock and water. Added 2 sheets of kombu and bring up to a simmer. It's the same technique you would use to make a traditional brown veal stock.

1796482_641006592601668_752873802_n.jpg

My buddy wanted me to try the food from a Malaysian place he just started working at, shit is

mad proper! He said I should try to get a job there too, after tasting the food I think I might.

'It would be dope to learn more about south east asian cuisine.

1656233_640924875943173_856299564_n.jpg

Cooking......it's serious fucking business.

It went from nice weather to cold, wet, and dreary here again bleh! SO I figured cook heavy. Been wanting to try Beef from Trader Joes so I picked up one of their vac sealed rib eyes. 12 oz. Chili Rubbed Seared. Chili Red Pepper Red Leicester Cheese Mac. Asparagus. Blistered Tomatoes. Bals Reduc.

9w1n.jpg

Dude, i’m gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly is fucking pathetic and disgusting compared to my meal. and I’m being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we don't cook shit that was previously in cans. you’re a fucking joke dude, and i'm dead fucking serious. get a real family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and wine coolers and has a good fucking time, and has a million dollar house on the beach, i'm serious.. don't ever post your fucking poverty dinner on this site ever the fuck again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fucking phaggot.

• Like 1

was gonna attempt to imitate what shortfuse has up there but fell short with ingredients and time.

marinated some bone in chops with garlic, cracked pepper, and lemon.

qxs02t.jpg

pic is about 3/4 through broiling them.

Bacon wrapped asparagus

made a glaze out of brown sugar, butter, garlic salt, pepper, and soy sauce.

2h7kscm.jpg

• Like 1