post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

is that chopped basil on top also? lots of fresh basil on a pizza is never a bad thing

cilantro and coriander are the same plant, but cilantro refers to the plant before seeds develop, and coriander refers to either the seeds themselves, or the plant after development

strange how different the flavor is between cilantro and ground coriander.

they dont sell cilantro is aus? or is it just unloved

From what Ive know is that Cilantro and Coriander are the same as Premium just stated. Cilantro usually refers to the leaf while coriander refers to the seed. With that being said what Ive also known is that its a US thing to separate the two where as in most (if not all other) countries call it by its real name which is Coriander. Stating the leaves to be coriander leaves and so on. Cilantro is the Spanish word for coriander. Leave it to the US to complicate things.

I guess it is the same when it comes to Plantains and Bananas. Essentially the same species but different types. The US likes to differentiate between the two where as many other countries just state "Banana."

did someone say dessert banana vs cooking banana

Plantains are bananas cooked raw/green (fried,boiled,roasted,grilled,etc.) AKA Plantains AAB,ABB Group

Bananas that are eaten out of the hand (when ripe) are AKA dessert AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAB Group

speaking of Bananas

I made mangu con salchichon last night, Santo Domingo StandUp!

http://www.dominicancooking.com/532-mangu-mashed-plantains.html

used these Dessert bananas before they ripened (AAA Group) as Plantains and boiled them.

'Giant Cavendish' ('Williams')

QcvlBZW.jpg

the result

84K0PRF.jpg

On the note of Ciliantro, same shit different terms, as put by ShortFuse & PAU

• Like 1

There are many meals that Ive done that I plan to revisit to redeem myself from a failure. This past one was one of those meals. I do think the idea behind it was good but execution was rushed. But as you all know I rush because my kitchen isnt really a kitchen...yet. As of late I love making pork tenderloin medallions wrapped in bacon, theyre just too easy and dont require much to taste great.

So I did Bacon Wrapped Pork Medallions. Mangu (mashed green plantains) with Black garlic butter mixed in. Ancho Chili Bourbon Sauce (which was weak). Cilantro cream sauce which I rushed to make a second batch because for ONCE I got a sandy bunch of cilantro. I dont always undo the whole bushel and rinse because I usually pluck it, but this time I wasnt thinking and got a ton of sand in my sauce. So very pissed. grilled pinapple and red onions. Manchego cheese.

p4qf.jpg

• Like 1

Thought of cooking a lil more on the "healthy" side this past sunday. But then my sister became a surprise guest for dinner and I felt rushed. Oh well. Never poached anything before. So in my lil plug in skillet I did some Lemongrass/ginger poached salmon. Grilled veges. Avocado Wasabi. Raspberry Mustard.

ntz5.jpg

Then screw some healthy I figured a quick and heavy meal during the cold. Basically beer brats chopped up with the usual peppers and onions. Yuengling. And Dijon mashed potatoes.

3jcw.jpg