post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
The fascination with making peasant food 'fine dining' just doesn't appeal to me.

This sounds so dumb to me. Give any decent chef any ingredient and they will make it taste like fine dining. The whole movement now that is serving every part of the animal is about being more conscience about using the whole thing and not being wasteful. Have fun eating your filet, ill take the skirt or some other cut you would just throw away.

There is a strange attraction of a few select people to eat 'strange foods, which were usually left for the poor to eat. And the chefs can charge a premium price because it has that 'weird' attractive feature. We had a pig-ear appetizer for a while at one of my jobs, and it was a $14 option, a pack of pigs ears (6 i think) was less than $4 at the market...

I agree with nose to tali cooking, every part should be used for some purpose. This is another conversation that can get nowhere online.

You're on my wavelength, Red.

I understand the concept, but the pricing is never reflective of the reality that you're eating a piece of ear. Beef cheeks at $34 a main. Seriously?

I don't throw lesser cuts away, I don't fuck with offal though. I will enjoy fillet if I'm paying for it, I'd rather pay $34 for fillet than $34 for scrap meat that's been babied.

MC: Chilin Con Carne Dog... I'm definitely refining my Chili recipe.. Just needs more heat, but it also depends on who I make it for...

RED: Funny thing is, I just really started my egg game this year.. Such a mother fucker.. So simple to do, hard to master..

RED: Funny thing is, I just really started my egg game this year.. Such a mother fucker.. So simple to do, hard to master..

For me, the key is understanding the temperatures at which the white and yolk solidify (about 140 and 165*F, respectively), and the protein structure during each cooking phase. When you can see the changes happen and know (physically and chemically) what is going on without thinking about it, it takes a lot of the 'mystery' out of egg cookery.

Also, working breakfast/brunch in upscale restaurants will make your egg game strong as fuck if you ever have to opportunity. At first it's frustrating because there will be a lot of recooks, but once you find the groove, shit is all gravy.

Salt and vinegar change the coagulation points of egg proteins significantly as well.

IM bad with eggs. I love them but yet find myself screwing them up. I mainly blame it on my pan and spatula because if they were better then I could do what I need to do better. I love poached eggs but hate to prepare them because most the time I get cloud water and a egg white lined yoke as the end result.

Breakfast in general is something overlooked cuz you usually don't have as much time, but when its on point... Whewwwww..... My moms used to be a short order cook back in the day, so her egg/breakfast game is on fucking point. I have a few years to go.. At least.

• 2 weeks later...