post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Cheers mate.

I'm really tossing up whether or not to go some cheese on the steak sandwich... Might have to give it a trial for lunch.

Any suggestions as to the best cheese for a steak sandwich?

It might be a bit much with the beet, caramelised onion, mustard mayo... be a good excuse to cook another one though.

Cheers mate.

I'm really tossing up whether or not to go some cheese on the steak sandwich... Might have to give it a trial for lunch.

Any suggestions as to the best cheese for a steak sandwich?

It might be a bit much with the beet, caramelised onion, mustard mayo... be a good excuse to cook another one though.

muenster cheese! its good when it's melty. smooth and creamy

They have capon at the local spot here. Im wondering if it's worth it to grab. I've heard good things.

I'm up for eating, but I find caponisation a little bit hard to agree with.

For what it's worth I believe that it really comes down to where they are getting it from, as if it's not done 'properly' you may as well roast a chook.

my feelings too. It's a pretty legit spot. But they don't know how long they've been raised, and if it's too short, it's not really worth the price.

As for as the moral thing: I have a hard time watching pigs die. I've seen it. I haven't done it, but i've done in a lot of other animals. And i eat pork DAILY.... And chickens mean no more to me than fish do. So cut their balls off i say.

I do find it strange that the hippies here will yell and moan about foie, but i hear shit all about gelding roosters. Fuck man at least the ducks and geese are getting treated like kings.

Yeah and in a lot of places stick 30 chickens in a cage and they mostly eat their own shit.

Shitty procedures lead to shitty meat, and mostly i don't fucking eat shitty meat. There isn't enough fucking market for foie really. Some places tried to do it industrially, how you describe and it made for shitty foie. That's why anyone who consistently buys foie, and knows what shitty liver is, generally gets it from somewhere who does it right.

And when you say "and force feed it grain" it kinda makes you seem like a retard. Because foie comes from force feeding. It's not like they are doing it angrily.

The same way that bottarga is better after the fish fatten up.

In fact, the reason why they fucking found any fatty liver is because right after the season where wild animals eat the most, they taste the best.

not all foie gras is produced by force feeding, although its usually called fattened duck liver when that's the case.

but yes, it was an oversight, i should have said almost all producers stick tubes down their throats, still i dont think that counts as "living like kings."

anyway, hardly a big deal, shit tastes good regardless.

Yeah and in a lot of places stick 30 chickens in a cage and they mostly eat their own shit.

Shitty procedures lead to shitty meat, and mostly i don't fucking eat shitty meat. There isn't enough fucking market for foie really. Some places tried to do it industrially, how you describe and it made for shitty foie. That's why anyone who consistently buys foie, and knows what shitty liver is, generally gets it from somewhere who does it right.

And when you say "and force feed it grain" it kinda makes you seem like a retard. Because foie comes from force feeding. It's not like they are doing it angrily.

The same way that bottarga is better after the fish fatten up.

In fact, the reason why they fucking found any fatty liver is because right after the season where wild animals eat the most, they taste the best.

animals_born_to_be_meat.jpg

• Like 1