post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a KIND of ramen last night. I mean it was ramen, but i kinda winged it. I grabbed most of the recipe out of the Momofuko book though.

Oh and i didn't use ramen cause i had rice noodles. But they hold up fine. I didn't eat it all so ill get a pic later hopefully.

Anyway. Boiling 4 pounds of chicken and then taking it out and boiling 7 pounds of pork neck bones for 6 hours is gnarly.

Finally got a couple things uploaded. Nothing crazy, just some lunch dishes made at home.

Sesame seared Scottish salmon, with wilted napa cabbage, enoki mushrooms, bean sprouts, and lotus root

IMG_0262.jpg

Fake Pho, made with bison and a few other gringo moves, to clear up a head cold not to be authentic.

IMG_0265.jpg

OK.

Fish Tacos, never made them before, doing it tonight for a small function.

Doing Snapper w/ green cabbage slaw & guac?

I got corn tortillas - was thinking flour, but whatever.

Any tips? I'm slightly worried about guac and thinking more of an avo/tomato salsa will hold together better?

I know this is a big deal over there from the photos you guys have posted. I'll have flicks for talking soon.

Would the fish normally be 'flaked' or is it more like 'chunks'?

ONE MORE question, should I incorporate the white sauce IN the slaw, or should it be a separate addition to the taco build?

Archived