post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6228695145_91176e2011_z.jpg

Skrimp with toms, parsley and lemon juice...

6229229986_30d1c5b6ce_z.jpg

Flat bread pizza with slightly overcooked greens. Still was good. Fuck my old ass oven.

6228708899_95c4be4c1d_z.jpg

Arnold Palmer gone wrong.

6229215958_89e3aeb91d_z.jpg

Picture does it no justice, but I got this idea from watching Triple D... Chicken fried steak with scratch marinara sauce and roasted red peppers topped with provolone.

6228702073_55db2dee8b_z.jpg

Bacon makes it better.

6229222700_403da48b9f_z.jpg

Served on top of buttermilk mashed potatoes and a gravy.

6228691329_f82cb1bf9e_z.jpg

Crusty close up.

A tip for arugula on pizza or any green really. Toss in a bit of olive oil and wait till the last minute or so before putting it on. That way it just wilts and stays nice and green. Today at work set a personal best. Had to break down three chickens into boneless halves on the fly took about five minutes. Although on the sixth half i was tunneling out the thigh and leg and left a neat smiley face gash in my left index. Bled like a bitch but oh well. Chef was impressed cause he told me to not worry about tunneling them out but i did it any way. Then he made fun of me for cutting myself. All in all good day.

Some comfort food;

chicken/ basil pesto sauce/ avocado(added at serving)/ penne//

ChickenPastaAvocado.jpg

mac'n'cheese/ Dry cured Berkshire belly bacon/ fruit chutney meatballs/ ricotta tomato sauce//

MacCheeseMeatballs.jpg

Chopped the meatballs in half, that's why it looks like a bit of a dog's breakfast - but the flavours were there. Needed a citrus style hit, but couldn't think where to put it?

Forgot about some eggs on the stove today......yeah but I saved them before they got over boiled. Made a test run of some deviled eggs. Roasted red pep, garlic, basil pesto, feta, lil lemon, and good ol salt and pepper. Topped with some capers and bals reduc. Tasted awesome...look messy but definitely tasty. Oh and I must say, let eggs sit in the fridge for two weeks after purchase then hard boil and they peel like a dream....something about fresh eggs are more tough to peel.

I didnt zig zag!!! YOU ALL HAPPY NOW!!! lol

devilew.jpg

Fuse add salt to the water. I learned that from a co-worker. It doesnt impart any saltiness to the egg but it seems to break the shell down a bit so its much easier to peel. Did it once and it worked like a dream. Id say i used about a half cup of salt to about a gallon of water.

The chef i work with most often showed me a cool trick for getting perfect boiled eggs a couple weeks ago.

Salt the water, as farce stated, and add the eggs to COLD water (def not how i was taught at first).

Bring the water to a light boil, cover, kill the heat, and let them hang out for 8 minutes or so.

This way you don't crack eggs when dropping them in, and you don't get that nasty gray lookin stuff if you forget about them for a minute.

I guess it's more a hard-poached egg than a hard boiled egg, but same results in the end.

Archived