post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
833342657_a5d25f4502_b.jpg

haha, not really but i love to make pizza, i was just browsing crazy pizza photos and found this

Pizza Hut Japan

Thats just an Heart attack on a plate!!!!!, Crazy...

And Count chocula, What is that? the picture with the can...

Jeez, a lot of American food is so large, in potion..

Yeah Croc it is. Basically I took two pounds of pork shoulder and cooked it for about four hours and turned it into meat for carnitas tacos and pulled pork sandwiches. I did the BBQ sauce from scratch and it wasn't too bad. I can definitely see myself trying to come proper with the sauce at some point. It was basic but good.

Yeah, plate 1 looks steamed or boiled... dish seems to lack color IMO. 2&3 look great thou.

yeah it was slow cooked in a skillet. Turned out mad tender and tasty with little effort. Haha I laughed because I said the same thing as I took a flick..."lacks color." It was basically left over a left over plate.

Plate 3 is actually my works food that I brought home (Bonefish). Its just chicken, artichokes, goat cheese and lemon butter. Place isnt crazy fancy but its reasonably good food.

Should of taken more flicks but Ive been making fritattas daily. Heres lunch.

fritatta.jpg

blunts right. although if you don't do it for to long you can come out with a good product but i still wouldn't do that with chicken breast. that's just me. todays lunch i made for the girl and i......

dungeness crab, penn cove mussels, white gulf prawns along with some veggies in a green coconut curry broth

P1070703.jpg

• Like 3

slow-cooking is for tough cuts of meat, not boneless skinless chicken breasts. all that shit does is get dry and tough. High and direct heat for me, plz.

you can slow cook chicken. Well 2 hours isnt really slooooow cook but it does the job. That meat was moist and tender, it just fell apart. If I would of done in high heat and cooked in 20mins it would in no way been the same. Edible but not the same. High and direct isnt always the best way with most any meats. Usually makes them tough and chewy.

But while on the thought of slow cooking. A good friend of mine took part in designing this Immersion Circulator system for Sous Vide cooking. I know the Ontz has plenty of culinary wizes. Brand new system for 499 and we all know thats chump change next to some of the systems out there. Heres a pic. If anyone is interested PM me for the contact info. Thought some of you all could benefit from such a thing.

chefsous.jpg

like i said you can slow cook chicken breast, especially legs and thighs those are great for braising it's just not as common. high direct heat is usually best for leaner cuts of meat. the less amount of fat laced through the protein the faster and shorter you want to cook it. you're not gonna braise a filet mignon that would be stupid. sous vide cooking though is a whole different animal. where you can cook leaner cuts of meat for a longer amount of time than normal without over cooking them due to the water staying the exact (or close to) temperature. i would love to have an ICS but I can't afford that shit. 500 is a little to steep. i'll keep that for my chef to buy. looks cool though. anyway blah blah blah there are really no rules to cooking just as long as it taste good.

• Like 1