Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alure

post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Scrapple (Pennsylvania Dutch), also known as pon haus is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then panfried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, not used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as a regional American food of the Mid-Atlantic States (Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland). Scrapple and pon haus are commonly considered an ethnic food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including the Mennonites and Amish. Scrapple is found in supermarkets throughout the region in both fresh and frozen refrigerated cases.

Scrapple with a healthy dose of ketchup is heavenly. Used to sit with my pop pop weekend mornings and have a side of scrapple with breakfast. he would have his Nitroglycerin tablets next to him cause he was working on his 4th heart attack but he would still eat scrapple with out a care in the world

scrapple is generally feet, hearts, skin and shit that fell onto the floor compressed into a block of grey.

some wings im marinating for 2maro,

1st batch is done is a terriyaki soy, lil ground garlic...

2nd batch is ground ginger, garlic, soy, sesame oil, and a variety of hot peppers.

photo-6.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Another night of left overs from work. Extra slice of prime rib and some wild rice. I topped it off with some blue cheese. Nabbed some raw broccoli before I left...with some blue cheese dressing. Iv had a blue cheese overload this past week,

dinah.jpg

+1 on carrot burgers. im very interested....

would you mind forwarding a recipe or some pointers for how to make them.

basically, chop up some carrots, celery, onion and garlic in whatever portions you like and add an egg to the mixture and pit it in a food processor. after that, mix in some bread crumbs to get the same consistency as hamburger. make patties and fry or grill them as you would like them to be done. the burn pretty quick, so make sure you watch what you're doing. I've made them a few times so i thought that it would be a good idea to caramelize the outside of the burger with brown sugar. try it out and let me know how it turns out. i'm pretty sure they'll be kick-ass.

scrapple is generally feet, hearts, skin and shit that fell onto the floor compressed into a block of grey.

my grandpa would say its everything from the pig but the oink, really delicious if you don't think about what your eating. definitely not something you want to eat everyday /noheartattackoner

menu: 1: bone marrow, crostinni, caramelized onion bacon jam 2: savory goats cheese prosciutto tart, mixed greens, balsamic reduction 3: white wine butter poached white prawns, assorted melon, linguica vinaigrette, basil 4: pan roasted duck breast, swiss chard, morel mushrooms, roasted potatoes, black berry jus 5: summer berry napoleon, vanilla whipped cream, port chocolate sauce

Had some of my car mates around for a weekend, glad my mate got a couple of pictures;

Prosciutto wrapped provolone;

58985_434131434089_661634089_4737351_1955027_n.jpg

Rolled chicken/ polenta(dietary requirements person in the group)/ lemon cream sauce

58985_434131449089_661634089_4737354_1804333_n.jpg

• Like 1

mixed up some soy vay teriyaki marinated beefs, shrooms, fresh garlic, onion, green onion. chared em' up medium well. drank some beers with my dog...

added a couple of links + corn + fixings = some happy muh fuckers!

[ATTACH]144826.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]144827.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]144828.vB[/ATTACH]

IMG_3013.jpg.9778cb399b71bccf07d910d07e488d2f.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg.cf8e67e1ff846b126d15b30a35293d54.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg.732cc5be2690c57661e7896632b44724.jpg

I've been all about turkey burgers lately.

Today.....topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions.....soooooo good.

2lut5c5.jpg

• Like 1