post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, most places that aren't seafood joints will only serve it on Fridays.

You see it advertised all over the place "Friday Fish and Chips", sometimes with a Wednesday thrown in

Edit: Got this from Wiki, just so I'm not on my DAO "IT'S COMMON KNOWLEDGE!" steez haha

"The long-standing Roman Catholic tradition of not eating meat on Fridays - especially during Lent - and of substituting fish for other types of meat on that day - continues to influence habits even in predominantly Protestant, semi-secular and secular societies. Friday night remains a traditional occasion for patronising fish-and-chip shops; and many cafeterias and similar establishments, while varying their menus on other days of the week, habitually offer fish and chips every Friday."

Nope, although I've had that in Florida and it was delicious.

We've got BK, McDonalds, Wendys, KFC, Popeyes, Taco Bell, and that's about it for the major fast food chains. There's an Arbys in the mall about 20 minutes away too, but that's technically in MA

yeah...we dont have checkers or whattaburger out here in cali...but we do have sonic and all the places you listed....even arbys, although their food tastes like crap...they served arbys and churchs chicken at my high school back in the day..i always ate churchs.

How bout Chick-fil-A? I've heard it on CNN and all that, but I haven't seen one in my area....

n8, i dont know what part of california youre from, but weve got 2 chick-fil-a's in the Sacramento area....one in Elk Grove, CA and one in Roseville, CA.

my cousin from L.A. was out here in the Roseville area and saw chick-fil-a so we had to stop so he could try it....then a couple hours later he saw sonic, so we had to stop so he could try it....weird that they dont have sonic and chick-fil-a in L.A.

HAD THE SHITTIEST FUCKING FISH AND CHIPS AT THE BAR TONIGHT, FUCKING HOUSEMADE BEER BATTER, WAS A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT. TALAPIA MY ASS, SHIT WAS SOME CHEAP ASS COD. BASTARDS!

better off with cod anyways. even if it was ling cod it would have more flavor than tilapia. tilapia is mega boring. no good flavor just kinda there. cod<tilapia any day

Nope, although I've had that in Florida and it was delicious.

We've got BK, McDonalds, Wendys, KFC, Popeyes, Taco Bell, and that's about it for the major fast food chains. There's an Arbys in the mall about 20 minutes away too, but that's technically in MA

swamp, you want me to fedex you some jack in the crack?

the girl and i celebrated our 2 year anniversary with a trip to the oregon coast. here is some food we ate.

cajun seasoned flour tortilla chips

IMG_1039.jpg

oysters bienville

IMG_1042.jpg

crawfish remoulade

IMG_1043.jpg

rib steak (the menu said it was a house made jack daniels sauce but that shit was straight up jd bbq out of the bottle. I was bummed on it)

IMG_1050.jpg

seafood etouffee

IMG_1051.jpg

the next morning my girl made us some veggie omelet's (bell peppers, oyster mushrooms, onion, tomato and spinach with mozz and parm)

IMG_1056.jpg

went to the tillamook cheese factory and sampled some cheese and bought a shit ton goodness.

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

we also had some icecream

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

further south we had headed on towards the rogue brewery in newport where i sampled beer

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

we also had these....kobe beef meatballs stuffed with oregonzola from rogue river creamery

IMG_1236.jpg

• Like 2

on the way back up the coast we stopped at this seafood place for some dinner. the food sucked i was pissed. everything was bland. you would think that a seafood place right on the coast in lincoln city would be able to do it right but i was left disappointed.

she had half sandwich of shrimp and one had crab.

IMG_1244.jpg

i had the halibut oscar. the hollandaise tasted like it was instant mix the only thing good about this dish was the dungeness crab

IMG_1245.jpg

the next day i made green eggs and ham. (i didn't have a blender to really make a good pestoe but i did what i could) anyway it's a poached egg on roasted potato medallions with proscuitto, spinach and basil cream sauce.

IMG_1431.jpg

on the way home we stopped by a teriyaki joint in chehalis and it turned out to be one of the better things we ate the whole trip.

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

• Like 2

yeah...we dont have checkers or whattaburger out here in cali...but we do have sonic and all the places you listed....even arbys, although their food tastes like crap...they served arbys and churchs chicken at my high school back in the day..i always ate churchs.

n8, i dont know what part of california youre from, but weve got 2 chick-fil-a's in the Sacramento area....one in Elk Grove, CA and one in Roseville, CA.

my cousin from L.A. was out here in the Roseville area and saw chick-fil-a so we had to stop so he could try it....then a couple hours later he saw sonic, so we had to stop so he could try it....weird that they dont have sonic and chick-fil-a in L.A.

The Bay Area doesn't have any Chick-fil-A's from what I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong...and there's only one Sonic within driving distance and that's almost in the Central Valley. haha. I guess the El Pollo Loco's every block in LA make up for the missing Sonics..

"The long-standing Roman Catholic tradition of not eating meat on Fridays - especially during Lent -

I should have known it was some roman catholic foolishness.

Itsallafarce, it's awesome how the food you make looks and is better than the food you eat when you go out.

I guess, on second thought, I see how this could be simultaneously awesome and upsetting for you.

better off with cod anyways. even if it was ling cod it would have more flavor than tilapia. tilapia is mega boring. no good flavor just kinda there. cod<tilapia any day

The lingcod is actually not a cod fish at all. It looks like a cross between a ling and a cod, so it is named for that. Good as fuck to eat though... and it does taste like a cleaner cod. They are bottom feeders, however.

• Like 1

I should have known it was some roman catholic foolishness.

Itsallafarce, it's awesome how the food you make looks and is better than the food you eat when you go out.

I guess, on second thought, I see how this could be simultaneously awesome and upsetting for you.

it's mad frustrating. sometimes i feel i can't go out to eat cause all i end up being is disappointed. unless i go to a nice ass restaurant or an ethnic hole in the wall so to speak. everything in between just seems to be crap. my girl gets annoyed at it sometimes and calls me a hyper critic. but at the same time she feels bad for me cause 75% of the time i can't enjoy myself when we go out to eat. over the last couple years my pallet has changed so much it's ridiculous. it's either pho and tacos or terrines of fois gras and seared scallops w/ sea urchin emulsions. only the later i can rarely afford so it's pho spots and taco shops.

Guest NeverBeenBetter
The Bay Area doesn't have any Chick-fil-A's from what I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong...and there's only one Sonic within driving distance and that's almost in the Central Valley. haha. I guess the El Pollo Loco's every block in LA make up for the missing Sonics..

they built a sonic in the east bay actually. and there is one in napa.

Btw sonics is fucking disgusting and if you eat there you're a straight faggot...

i like their cherry limeade though.