Hey travelers, where should i go?

soupBDC

how the hell did all you prickhead dingleberries go to europe. i know alot of you are penny pinching bumblefucks with low paying jobs, how the hell did you manage to pony up a few thousand and go over seas? i fucking cant stand this shit, i need to rob a bank or something, im going to die in a desolate american suburb surrounded by methheads chevy tahoes and McMansions

My ex Irena , had a brother that lived in Ukraine . And her brother was extremely wealthy . I did most of my travelling 7-8 years ago . I go to Ireland to visit my Aunt & Cousins whenever I get the chance . It's really not as expensive as you think . The trick is to go with someone that has been to the places you want to go to . Save $50-$60 or more from each check you get , and don't touch it . In a year's time you should have more than enough saved for airfare , which is fairly cheap these days depending on where you want to fly to . I go on Aer Lingus to Ireland , flying out of JFK . I spend $94.00 from CLE to JFK , usually on a low cost carrier like AirTran . Then another $350 - $440 roundtrip to Ireland . So all in all I spend close to $600 with taxes and such . But I usually get free passes for the AirTran flight so I only maybe pay just the cost of the Aer Lingus flight . :cool:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
how the hell did all you prickhead dingleberries go to europe. i know alot of you are penny pinching bumblefucks with low paying jobs, how the hell did you manage to pony up a few thousand and go over seas? i fucking cant stand this shit, i need to rob a bank or something, im going to die in a desolate american suburb surrounded by methheads chevy tahoes and McMansions

If you work a full time job it shouldn't be too hard to save up. Just depends on how badly you want to go. The main expense is the flight and rail pass. After that, I survived 4 months on about $6000 Canadian. Just use common sense, shop at the super cheap bargain supermarkets (Europe is full of them), stay in cheap hostels, don't get sucked in to tourist traps, and you'll be fine.

Granted I ran out of money in London, but it was the last stop, and I still managed to survive (that must be a first),...

I would hate to be tourist in Rome, I honestly don't know how anyone puts up with it for more than a day.

One of my favorite things to do is just pick random places on the bus or subway line of whatever city I am in and just go. I have sometimes found myself in everyday neighborhoods, vacant fields, power plants, beach towns etc. This works especially well in Italy where the regional trains are dirt cheap, easy to hop, and easy to buy tickets with expired credit cards, or anything with a magnetic strip. (cough cough)

Hey, I used to live in Rome.... I wish I still did.

As for "getting lost" -- that is the best way to do it, and how I have always done it. Fuck tourist areas, I want to see the area where locals walk their dogs and take their kids to the park. That is the real experience. I always try to imagine myself living there. I ride the lines from end to end to photo graff, then roll spliffs and hit the backstreets.

Rocking the countryside and hitting the small towns is great too.

Hey, I used to live in Rome.... I wish I still did.

As for "getting lost" -- that is the best way to do it, and how I have always done it. Fuck tourist areas, I want to see the area where locals walk their dogs and take their kids to the park. That is the real experience. I always try to imagine myself living there. I ride the lines from end to end to photo graff, then roll spliffs and hit the backstreets.

Rocking the countryside and hitting the small towns is great too.

No shit. I miss living there as well. My plan is to get super rich and then buy a house in the country side, like in Umbria or something. Or anywhere south of Rome. Tuscany is okay but too full of Germans and Americans.

If you have alot of time, just walk along the Tevere. It'll take you from the burbs, to the center, to ruins, to the sea.

DSC_0039.jpg

Or walk around the entire ancient walls.

DSC05436.jpg

Check out some social centers, the Communist ones of course. This one is in an occupied Medieval Castle. it is called Forte Romano and is probably one of the greast places in the world. Oh and it has a moat. If you do go to Rome PM me for directions its kind of hard to find.

DSC05179.jpg

DSC03333.jpg

I need a train adventure so bad.

CICCOBASTARDO774.jpg

Hang your head outta train windows.

lalalalalalal043.jpg

Haha. Oh I'll stop now.

Florence is dope and very pretty and italian.

Check out a shop called:

Gold - your street dealer

for cans and clothing and more, run by some very cool guiys, this shop is the spot in Florence.

In Paris, also dope city, check out the shop called

AllCity, for cans and more...