Hey travelers, where should i go?

soupBDC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Baltic states-beautiful women cheap food beer and accomadation, interesting history plus you can go somewhere where the majority of your friends will go "huh where's that?" when you tell them about it

Paris yes

London yes

Florenece i would skip it's so overrun with college kids you'll feel like you're at home

Paris, like pretty much any big city tourist-trap in the world, is expensive as hell and pretty shitty unless you know where to go IE: know people to show you around. I recommend 12oz's own Pinup, the days where I hung out with him were easily the best I had there (hookah bars, weird parties with Architecture students, running out on bills at shady pizza places). Paris is a beautiful city, but other than that I was quite disappointed by it. Incredibly expensive, and even though we tried our best to speak French, it's true what they say, the French are easily the rudest, least helpful people in Europe. *Scratch that, PARISIANS are the rudest, the ones in the countryside are lovely.

Florence I would skip, really nothing to do except go to over-priced, boring museums (Michaelangelo's David is a lot less impressive in person....maybe I was just bitter from waiting in line for 4 hours in the soaring heat). Like anywhere in the world, it's cool to get lost in and explore, but I'd recommend Rome or Genoa instead, much more fun. I hear Naples is dope, too.

London, along with Berlin, which you should also check out, is my favourite city. As long as you don't fall in to any of the blatantly obvious tourist traps (go up the London Monument statue to get the same view you can get from the London Eye...£2 VS £40) it's really not as expensive as people believe (£3 2 Litre bottles of Strongbow anyone??). Plus there's a shitload of London heads on here who I'm sure could hook you up with where to go and what to do.

These are just my personal opinions, by no means shared by everyone. I'm always willing to lend some of my experiences though, you can PM if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them.

Florence I would skip, really nothing to do except go to over-priced, boring museums (Michaelangelo's David is a lot less impressive in person....maybe I was just bitter from waiting in line for 4 hours in the soaring heat.

same with the mona lisa in the lourve.

by the way, england has other cities than LDN. everyone on here comes and asks about london, but seem to forget that its pretty easy (comparitvly) to get around Britain as a country so go explore

paris is incredible.

metropolitan, sensory overload

florence is more chill and relaxed, classical and beautiful

both cities are kinda dirty.

never been to london (only the airports..the obvious advantage is no language issue anywhere)

i'd love to go

all are expensive

i'd recommend paris

Skip staying in Florence.. you can see it all in about 3 hours, you're best to do Siena & Florence in a combo.

If you are going the Italy route, hit up Rome & Venice instead.

Prague is quite nice, you really can't go wrong.

Amsterdam is what it is, I suggest a day trip to Haarlem if you go there.

Barcelona is worth the trip, not too far out of mainland Europe.

London is worth seeing, but quite pricey and rainy.

Germany... hmm, Munich can be done in a day, good for a one night stop and getting drunk at the Hofbrauhaus. I got flamed on here for saying this before.. Berlin can be shitloads of fun, but it helps to know somebody there or you will not know what to do or where to go. If you get connected, there are a lot of chill bars with dope music and they usually let you chief.

If you are into mountains & hiking (not so much bar scene) Interlaken Switzerland & Chamonix France are beautiful.

Salzburg is nice, but that can be done in a day.

Budapest is shady. (nuff said)

The Croatian coastline is supposed to be nice, but i just leaned that watching Rick Steves last week.

I've never been a big fan of Paris, but the wifey wants to see it so she sucked me into going this Summer, I'm more hyped about going to Nice/Monaco/Monte Carlo after that.

I live in London, so i can drop you any info if you decide to come over here.

To be honest, as someone who lives here, unless you have enough friends going with you or you're going with a partner, or enough contacts over here, London would probably be a pretty bewildering place, as well as to know the good/bad/ugly parts to go to. Depends what you want to do , though saying that, you can do pretty much anything.

Paris - sick. I prefer to London. More relaxing, nicer architecture...yeah just sweet.

Berlin - also rad. Although as someone said, you need to have contacts or at least know what you're doing or you get pretty lost and depressed. Some amazing bars/clubs though - check out Studio 54 in the abandoned squat building thing if you get a chance, if you're a writer also a bonus.

Amsterdam - drugs and sex. And the Rembrandt and Contemporary Art galleries. Apart from that, don't bother, unless you want to have sex with 54 year old post-op trannies and smoke alot of fine thai.

Prague - totally amazing, go. Getting very popular, but massive student scene, wicked nightlife..just yeah, good. Also a good hip hop festival every year called Hip Hop Kemp.

Rome - overrated. Good food though. If you're going to go to Italy, go somewhere outside one of the cities, a small town, like Siena or somewhere.

Those are usually the main tourist spots in Europe, but I've been to a load of other places so if you're planning to go anywhere else, shoot.

On that note, I'm going to New York in the summer, but on the family holiday tip. As i'm a bit of a hat/trainer fanatic i was hoping someone could drop me a few places to look up? was also planning to get to Supreme if i could...

no art fag comments please, ha..

^^^

I heard the biggest party town in the world was on the eastern coast of India. Forget the name tho.

Yeah im definitely going to London, Paris, and Florence mid-june. Ive got that international bike messenger connection so at least in london theres a bit of an entourage willing to show me around. Paris and Florence i might just have to take it easy and be a tourist for a few days. Im not in any town much longer than five days so even with nothing preplanned ill still be pretty packed with shit to do.

this shit makes me jealous. im damn near mid twenties and i have never been to europe. i just cant justify blowing a couple thousand just to go overseas somewhere and drink in a different bar and hang out with non american asshole commies. i look at the trade off, 5 grand can buy me a project car, pay rent for half a year, a bunch of dope shit. $5 grand will last me a month in europe, that shits just too much.

if my calculations are off and europe is actually not that expensive, or theres a secret 12oz connection on euro travel then let me know. id be willing to go if shit was like 2 grand. shit i can go to vegas for 500 bucks and see the eiffel tower and a fucking medieval castle.

how the hell did all you prickhead dingleberries go to europe. i know alot of you are penny pinching bumblefucks with low paying jobs, how the hell did you manage to pony up a few thousand and go over seas? i fucking cant stand this shit, i need to rob a bank or something, im going to die in a desolate american suburb surrounded by methheads chevy tahoes and McMansions

I would hate to be tourist in Rome, I honestly don't know how anyone puts up with it for more than a day.

Anyways. I guess it depends on what you are looking to get out of your visit. Some find Florence incredibly boring, which it can be. The museums there are top notch though, and if you are interested in painting, drawing , cartography etc its very inspiring and informative. Just try to find your own way in every city you go to. Florence is a pretty good city to shop in. Make sure you bargain though in the markets. Try not to eat anywhere that has the menu in both English and Italian, and especially not in German. Check out Dante's house. The locals are really um...they have a sort of different aproach to bombing the city centre. I would see whole empty walls, and then smack dab in the middle a large steel door, or utility box covered in tags, but nothing on the old walls. They respect historic buildings, churches etc more. (Compared to Rome and Naples at least. I've seen throw-ups on the Vatican telling the pope to go fuck him self and for toursits to burn or something along those lines and people will write on just about everything and anything)

Try and rent a car and just amble around the country side. Every little town has its own story, unique little churches and castles and delicious food. Every Sunday my family and I drive out to a random town within an hour or two drive from Rome, and just walk around and eat lunch. We have never, ever stumbled upon a boring location, or eaten food that was less than amazing and fresh. (over the course of like 11 years)

One of my favorite things to do is just pick random places on the bus or subway line of whatever city I am in and just go. I have sometimes found myself in everyday neighborhoods, vacant fields, power plants, beach towns etc. This works especially well in Italy where the regional trains are dirt cheap, easy to hop, and easy to buy tickets with expired credit cards, or anything with a magnetic strip. (cough cough)

Places I've been that I recommend :

Andalucia , Spain . Fucking beautiful beyond belief . My Father's family came from this region of Southern Spain .

Derry City , Ireland & Donnegal . My Aunt and two cousins still live in Derry . Ireland is not for everyone's tastes . The countryside was peaceful and a nice break to wake up to instead of an urban area with all it's loud noise .

The Czech Republic...I must say if you have European tastes in women , this is the place to go . So many beautiful women it'll make your head spin . Everyone is extremely friendly .

Warsaw , Poland is another must . If I would've only been single when visting...a lot like The Czech Republic . Those Polish women and their huge natural fun-bags...mmmmmm .