INTERPOL - *now contains album leak

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got this album the other day and have to say....still boring. im a huge interpol fan so its kind of a bummer. it is worth pointing out i have yet to listen to it in my car which has, and always will be, the proving ground for whether i like something or not.

yeah, ive been listening to it at work which definitely isnt a good way to get into new music. the office is a little sparse today so im giving it another listen at a decent volume. i think by the end of the weekend ill be all about this thing.

ps - im already all about "rest my chemistry". thats a keeper for sure.

boogie, so what's your thoughts now that it's had time to sink in?

i've listened to it at least 15 times now and i love the crap out of it. it's not as good as bright lights (how do you top perfection?), but it's fucking good. real fucking good

i still havent gotten a chance to put it in the car but i have given it a few more listens and im liking it more and more. i got the "heinrich maneuver" long before the album leaks started popping up and i think it kind of gave me a bad taste in my mouth. its not a bad song by any means, it just doesnt capture what i like about interpol. songs like "all fired up" and "rest my chemistry" are more my speed and definitely remind me more of the "bright lights" sound that turned me on to the band in the first place. overall though id say at this point im bout it, bout it.

master-p.jpg

im looking forward to burning a copy and taking on the 6 hour drive i have ahead of me this weekend. i think that will solidify this album as a keeper.

ps - you really have to hand it to these guys for progressing and keeping things interesting while still maintaining their sound. theyve definitely done a better job than most bands.

ps - you really have to hand it to these guys for progressing and keeping things interesting while still maintaining their sound. theyve definitely done a better job than most bands.

yeah, i was thinking about that when i was listening to it last night for the millionth time. i really hope they stay together long enough to put out a couple more albums, but i fear this will probably be the end of the line

Archived