THIS MONDAY!!!!!

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest spectr

wait wait wait... I am confused... I thought they already had our isp spy on us from that law.... ( thank you bill clinton... you were great on everything but keeping our privacy.... )

but yeah lets celebrate with some retarded midget bukakke action...

wait wait wait... I am confused... I thought they already had our isp spy on us from that law.... ( thank you bill clinton... you were great on everything but keeping our privacy.... )

but yeah lets celebrate with some retarded midget bukakke action...

well, somewhat. we know that at&t has had NSA offices and some of the major backbones have been tapped. this is just sort of a blanket maneuver. they coverin' the bases.

like i said, goatse from midnight on monday.

this monday..I HAVE OFF!! i'm gonna go chew up 3 vike 10s and smoke teh r33fers all night since i can wake up whenever the fuck i want tomorrow.

wassup wit this though? should i start taking more precaution with my illegal downloads? and how about when i go into AIM rooms and tell people that i'll force fuck their mothers asshole with diamond tipped drill bits?

hahaha

this site is nothing compared to a whole lotta shit out there ( you got to look at the big picture of what this new petition is covering)

they are going to go after terrorists, pedophiles, drug dealers, smugglers,

hired hits, etc, etc, etc not no little graff on a wall

hahaha

this site is nothing compared to a whole lotta shit out there ( you got to look at the big picture of what this new petition is covering)

they are going to go after terrorists, pedophiles, drug dealers, smugglers,

hired hits, etc, etc, etc not no little graff on a wall

well, we have muslims, which under the patriot act constitutes "terrorists",

we have drug dealers, we have smugglers, and according to the myspace picture

thread, we also have child molesters.

but seriously, i think helping to protect our freedom of speech is what i'm going after.

i wouldn't feel completely safe with SSL logins, but i'd feel better.

You think people don't care about the scribble on the wallz, lets look at what they deem the NO. 1 terrorist threat on American soil right now: Animal Rights Activism! They probably had the 12 in mind when they made up this rule. Oh, yeah, and there are a lot of douchey librarians out there too, let's not assume just because people are around books that they actually are interested in stuff.

regarding the library, most libraries don't keep records of the books you've checked out. The software they use just isn't designed for it. They just keepa record of what's currently out, on hold, etc. Within a few days of returning a book (given there's no late charges or anything), the record is written over.

Interlibrary loan books are a different story, though.

Today is the official deadline for compliance with the FCC's new interpretation of the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act(CALEA).

Cable modem companies, DSL providers, broadband over powerline, satellite internet companies and even some universities all have until the end of today to ensure "...the ability of law enforcement agencies to conduct electronic surveillance by requiring that telecommunications carriers and manufacturers of telecommunications equipment modify and design their equipment, facilities, and services to ensure that they have the necessary surveillance capabilities."

The Justice Department began lobbying the FCC in 2002 to reinterpret the law as applying to the internet as well and last June a divided federal appeals court upheld the expansion 2-1.

Basically, this means that starting today the FBI will have the ability to wiretap your internet connection, and means that "Common carriers, facilities-based broadband Internet access providers, and providers of interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service..." must all now have incorporated into their networks the ability for law enforcement agencies to snoop on those for which they have a court ordered warrant.

It's been pointed out however, that even though it may not necessarily be easier to get a warrant and eavesdrop on somebody, the temptation to do so and avoid real gumshoe detective work will be high. Instead of having to really investigate what a person is up to, they may choose to just try and take a look at what they're doing instead.

Also, what will eventually happen I think is that the RIAA and the MPAA will try to petition courts to snoop on suspected file-sharers and gather intelligence and incriminating information with which to build a case against them.

I mean look how they were able to get so many congressman on board with the whole crackdown on colleges and universities, invoking phrases like "file-trafficking" and warning against job layoffs and unemployment due to losses from piracy. I mean if a law is being broken who's to say which ones they will or will not enforce? I think its only a matter of time.

No longer will ISPs be able to claim that it just doesn't have the means to assist copyright holders in determining who has been uploading content illegally, for now they will be able to monitor an IP address and all the traffic that it's responsible for on the network.

It also means that the govt will now have the ability to monitor for other illegal activity, like buying prescription drugs from Canada, browsing and purchasing drug paraphanalia like bongs, pipes, etc., or perhaps even forums or chatrooms of leftist or other radical organizations.

After today the internet will forever be under the watchful eye of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and you can rest assured that corporations and other private entities will do in everything in their power to use this resource for their own ends.