PUBLIC SPEAKING

Guest BROWNer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 year later...

boing

so i have my first kinda big presentation today, and i'm feeling

fucking super chilled out. i know the shit i'm talking about really

well, its gonna be a breeze, plus i'm dressing up like a complete

skidded out heavy metal doofus with a mullet and def leppard

t-shirt. haha, fuck it.

presentations are stupid, to get all sweaty and scared, gimme a

break, whats the use? logically it ain't nothin, so whatever.

some girl i know was telling me about this chick who had to do

some big ass presentation and was shitting hard over it, so she

took a bunch of valiums:dazed: :o

Guest imported_Tesseract

^^hahaha, that was awesome!

On a sidenote...you rationalise it, you searched for that thread...

BrwonerShakinHands tommorow morning on your screens...

haha, i'm messing with you man, good luck, in a sense of making everyone crap their pants with what you have to say...

what are you talking about anyway?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Re: Good Luck

Originally posted by bobobi11

I had to do a presentation on my work yesterday in front of the entire company. It was okay. I wasn't happy, but no one fell asleep and they paid enough attention to ask questions.

I wonder how much of this presentation was complemented with visuals courtesy of the 12oz Benches.

Public speaking is hit or miss for me. Sometimes I give awesome presentations and kick everyone's ass, other times I'm a stuttering mess. It all boils down to two things: how confident and prepared I am, and how much sleep I got the night before.

Have a couple of questions for the audience. Jump to them by default when you get into a bind... once it's a discussion it's no longer a "presentation", and it's lot easier

I agree with Beardo (years ago)...don't care.

I used to be a complete mess at public speaking. Once I took the mental stance that its just my opinion and that none of the people I'm talking to really matter...it became easy. End of the day...it'll be over and the people that listened will be gone. Its not really different than a message board. On here people hide behind their computers. In public speaking you hide behind your information and opinions.

the only other thing I have is eye contact. Make sure to break the room up into thirds. Look at one person in each third for several seconds before moving on to the next third. Obviously you don't want to look too fast...you'll end up looking like a robot with toasted circuits. if the teacher or someone important is in one of the thirds...make sure to make eye contact with them. I used to envision myself kicking the shit outta my professors when I'd do the eye contact.

I also used to write relax on my note cards.

edit:

I remembered a bit more.

Be sure to vary the tone of your voice. If you can't be passionate about what you're talking about....act passionate. Monotones kill interest.

one of the worst parts is being in the audience when someone is nervous..

i watched a presentation given by an obviously capable young lady last week who was also obviously exhausted and nervous.

i always want to get up and say

"don't be nervous, we're not judging you, we're just here to listen to what you have to say, and hey, a lot of these motherfuckers are here because they have to be, and they aren't even paying that close attention to what you're talking about"

sad, but true.

remembering this helps me when i have to talk..

it's way worse to listen to a shitty talk given by a nervous person

than just a shitty talk.

ugh, that probably isn't helping.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

even if you messed up on something, dont let them know. stay confidant and passionate. i use hand gestures and movements to portray that im really into what im talking about.

make lots of eye contact

smile when needed

put emotion into your voice

If you put me on the spot I fail even in social situations if someone comes up and talkes to me somtimes i say stupid ass shit if im not expecting it. When i call someone on the phone i run through what i am gonna say so i dont blabber when they answer. But doing speach im better at cause i know what im gonna say.

Archived