Does this happen to american workers?

shitting

I've worked in a grip of places where if I a server comes up short on cash, they have to cover the difference in their tips.

I think its situational. working in a high volume enviroment, mistakes can and do happen. but if a trend with one particular worker comes up where they always end up being short, then you have to question things.

this reminds me of a time that i caught a bus boy stealing my tips and i just went up to him

at the table and just punched him the face. i had the whole kitchen staff try to gang up on me

with kitchen knives because their mexican brother would never steal any tips.

"hey gringo next time talk to us and we'll sort it out. dont start a fight over a few bucks

you make enough money as a server he is just a poor bus boy."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I was 17 I worked at this pizza place at the foodcourt. First day, everyone shows me how to boost money out of the place, everyone was going home with like 20 extra bones a night. Long story short, two guys who showed me how to do it, quit. Last night they worked all good. Come in the next day, pay day, I'm 30 short on my register, my manager hands me my pay in cash minus the 30 dollars. Shit sucked..........young and dumb.

Example 4. Damage or loss: The cost for replacing broken glasses when the employee drops a tray of glasses when unloading the dishwasher.

im such a clumsy fuck i always get threatened with this.

people i work with, keep a running total of what i break per shift.

typical comment from me:

"no i dont know how that ashtray smashed, now go clean something and leave me alone."