I think I just quit my job.

Bojangles

I've been working at a picture framing studio for almost 3 years now. Although I am 30 years old, I get treated like a child and paid like one too. Why did I keep the job so long you ask? Because the hours were super flexible and they pay was great at first...Let me explain.

when I first got hired, the payrate was $3.50 per picture framed. Pretty fair considering the guy before me could do 4-5 pictures an hour. (or so I heard.) Of course startting first off I wasn't that fast and could only do 2 an hour. No big deal...7 an hour will do until I pick up speed.

Here's where strike one comes into play:

Once I was up to speed and doing 4-5 (or more) an hour she goes "Oh...I can't afford to pay that much for labor. We'll have to set you at a flat hourly rate of 7 an hour." What the Fuck? I needed the job at the time so I kneeled down and accepted it.

Years later now I make considerable income from freelance art but decided to keep the job and work when I can because in all honesty I enjoyed the work environment and it gave me something to do. The money these days was blown on beers, gas and food. Over the last year her and I have had several go-rounds about what's expected of me versus what's feasible for my pay and my schedule.

Mind you, I'm 30. Making great freelance money and don't really need the job. I work for her now because I'd be bored otherwise and I thought I was doing her a favor so she doesn't end up with some crackhead 17 year old who steals from her.

She's been on my ass over nothing at all for the last few weeks about how I don't sweep the floor good enough or how I forgot to order staples, etc. Sure that's my job but don't scream at me like I'm your child for a half an hour about it while I'm trying to do my work that you barely pay me for...I have bigger things to worry about these days like finishing the book I started writing 6 months ago and teaching in my school programs and tackling the 7,000 square foot advertisement mural I have to paint Downtown this month. Fuck your floors.

Finally, I had enough today. She came in bitching about the way I swept the floor again and i stood there and took it like a good bitch at first. Then she went on for ten minutes about me leaving a soda cup on my work table that no one besides her and I see.

She continued to scream at me for leaving early even though I come in early every day and the schedule is supposed to be "flexible" as long as the daily work gets done. I tried to plead my case but she kept cackling along.

Finally I made a deal in my head with myself, I said "If she doesn't shut up and let me do my work after this sentence I'm walking out." She didn't and I did.

I grabbed my hat and said "I don't need this shit anymore."

I went to Arby's, had a sub, bought a canvas and came home to write this before painting. Congratulate me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually, as much as dislike hating on women that do their thing, i have a theory about female small business owners. bitches are nuts! and The worst bosses ever.

Exactly! She wants and loves to belittle men. I noticed it increase once I started doing well for myself!

Exactly! She wants and loves to belittle men. I noticed it increase once I started doing well for myself!

my boss would fuck with me about that flexible time crap too, and im an honest person. i wasnt skipping out on her.

but for real. men issues like whoa. this lady hadnt even met abc, and was belittling him when he went back to australia cause i shouldnt have to go through that for a man. saying how he should take care of me 100% financially, and that i was only feeling sad when he left because of my biological urges psychoanalyst crap...yadda yadda yadda. bitch was ALWAYS trying to be up in my business. and thats not even talking about pay and other work issues....