ZBRUSH

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I do have a new number. I sent you an email to what Im hoping isnt a defunct email account. Ive been ridiculously busy lately but I am planning to get some good things rolling soon. Keep up man, lloks like you are getting pretty good with the 3d stuff.

i'm gonna cut you!!!!

haha. yeah, but modelling with zbrush is pretty fun.

i got bored with 3d studio max a while back. maya...i won't touch maya.

it's that great.

Ok now tell me why exactly you don't like Maya. I just started using it.

I'm an industrial design student and pretty much I have to spend my summer mastering one 3D program and everyone is telling me Maya has to be it.

So before I jump in head first, tell me what you think is wrong with it?

zbrush is the shit.. im in school for comp animation, right now 6 months and I've been workin on maya since month 2.. last month we actually touched zbrush for the first time.. well we made low poly models in maya and brought them into zbrush and then back to maya again for texturing and lighting.. it's an amazing program..

heres my model from last month (bust of it) unfortunatelly maya 8.5 has some bugs and i couldnt get the displacement map (from zbrush) to work in maya as good as i wanted so the model is temporarly on hold..

gears of war locust influenced creature:

512545359_829f6183ed_b_d.jpg

maya is an ok program i guess.. but once you learn it the basic rules and tool names are the same for other programs.. my maya issues.. crushes.. bitch crushed on me in clutch times (final turn in renders), it just disappeared from my screen... so save.. alot.. besides that every version has some issues.. even tho 8.5 is supposed to be pretty stable.. i prefer 7 but still fuck in 8.5 just to stay updated.. btw save your work!!! often.. 10-15 minutes...

this stuff is pretty amazing. mostly working in 2D with all my design work and only getting into 3D with fabrication sculpture, i'll have to try this out. those images are pretty incredible.

what kind of time is involved on one of those face models? considering someone is moderately experienced...

Ok now tell me why exactly you don't like Maya. I just started using it.

I'm an industrial design student and pretty much I have to spend my summer mastering one 3D program and everyone is telling me Maya has to be it.

So before I jump in head first, tell me what you think is wrong with it?

i'm a 3d studio max guy. maya is just something i don't need to be working in.

i'm not in the industry, so i don't need it. you could argue, "well, why did you learn 3dsm?"

my response, "for fun"

Yeah I do have a new number. I sent you an email to what Im hoping isnt a defunct email account. Ive been ridiculously busy lately but I am planning to get some good things rolling soon. Keep up man, lloks like you are getting pretty good with the 3d stuff.

just PM me from here.

maybe, if i get some free time.. im on a tight ass schedule, and now i got 2d animation class and mel scripting...

i did the final render of this guy but it was rushed due to the deadline and it came out blown out (displacement issues 8.5 for ya)

i'd post it up but it's embarasing..

never mind i figured it out.

sometimes when learning the tutorials i like to be babied and

told every fucking step by the tutorial because im afraid to make a mistake.

for example

add another zsphere along the chain of linking spheres.

means:

change into draw mode,

do not switch out of edit mode

change the tool to zsphere

click.

i like the program but i wish that undo feature worked for every step

because if you get out of edit mode you have to start all over.