First Republican Debate

lord_casek

GOP Debate on Thursday, May 3

The first debate among the candidates for the Republican nomination for president will take place on Thursday, May 3rd at 8:00 pm EDT.

Congressman Ron Paul will be on stage standing between Senator John McCain and Rudy Giuliani. The 90-minute debate will be broadcast live on MSNBC, and streamed live on politico.com. The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library will host the event.

do your part, watch Ron bring up real issues. watch the political elite squirm.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already hip to the Republican agenda for the next 4 years... turns out, the rich get richer!

truthfully, i'm not down for most of the dipshits on the panel.

or most of the modern republicans, but i am down for a guy

who votes "no" to a raise every time they bring it up.

he also drives an economy car, which lets me know that he cares

about where our money is spent and doesn't give two shits

about a new jag on the american peoples bill.

ABOLISH THE FED!

Well, Alan Greenspan did more to stimulate the economy and keep money in my pocket than any of the Presidents of the last 20 years so I'm not gonna be able to agree w/ you there but...

that's another argyment.

The debate is going to be covered on MSNBC, which is a tacit way of saying that the NBC Thursday night line up will go forward untouched. Thank GOD that Joe Lunchbox won't miss My Name is Earl!

The whole 'cable coverage' issue just smacks of the elitism that plagues both parties these days. The FCC is all about making sure the average citizen glimpses nary a tit on network TV but leaves the most important issues facing our nation to cable coverage? Of course the networks are going to sluff it off on the cable news channels because they say the ratings are low when they cover debates or the state of the union... it's like letting a candy company plan dinner. "But the children don't want beef and broccoli, they wan't ice cream!"

Sometimes you just gotta eat your veggies and until I hear a single elected official echo that sentiment I'm convinced that debates (both party) are just an elitist circle jerk.

I'll try to find it on the radio but probably I'll just watch Survivor.

Well, Alan Greenspan did more to stimulate the economy and keep money in my pocket than any of the Presidents of the last 20 years so I'm not gonna be able to agree w/ you there but...

that's another argyment.

The debate is going to be covered on MSNBC, which is a tacit way of saying that the NBC Thursday night line up will go forward untouched. Thank GOD that Joe Lunchbox won't miss My Name is Earl!

The whole 'cable coverage' issue just smacks of the elitism that plagues both parties these days. The FCC is all about making sure the average citizen glimpses nary a tit on network TV but leaves the most important issues facing our nation to cable coverage? Of course the networks are going to sluff it off on the cable news channels because they say the ratings are low when they cover debates or the state of the union... it's like letting a candy company plan dinner. "But the children don't want beef and broccoli, they wan't ice cream!"

Sometimes you just gotta eat your veggies and until I hear a single elected official echo that sentiment I'm convinced that debates (both party) are just an elitist circle jerk.

I'll try to find it on the radio but probably I'll just watch Survivor.

or you could be online at politico.com and see it streaming.

do you know why it's on cable? because people care more about american idol than they do about voting for any leaders.

it does stay elitist. you're 110% correct, but you can't blame them. i'm looked at funny for saying something intelligent. i'm not that smart. but i get funny looks for bringing up important issues or just making an observation using more than one word like, "cool" or "damn".

Got my Ron Paul bumper stickers in the mail a few days ago (never once sported a bumper sticker for a prez. until now)... switched from the dem to the rebulican party about a month ago because of Ron... Got his picture on my myspace and definitely tryin' to spread the word about this guy. He's got a large following of people that don't rely on mainstream television to get information about politicians. As far as i'm concerned this guy is a dream come true for any American's life, liberty and the persuit of happiness.

RON PAUL 08

Got my Ron Paul bumper stickers in the mail a few days ago (never once sported a bumper sticker for a prez. until now)... switched from the dem to the rebulican party about a month ago because of Ron... Got his picture on my myspace and definitely tryin' to spread the word about this guy. He's got a large following of people that don't rely on mainstream television to get information about politicians. As far as i'm concerned this guy is a dream come true for any American's life, liberty and the persuit of happiness.

RON PAUL 08

awesome! i filled out the form on his page. awaiting my bumper sticker.

when his campaign headquarters is set up, i'm volunteering.

like you, i never cared about a politician before until ron paul came around.

go to the msnbc.com page and vote for him.

speaking of which:

Ron Paul Wins MSNBC Debate Poll

Ron Paul steps into national spotlight

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 4, 2007

ARLINGTON, VA – Congressman Ron Paul finished first in the MSNBC poll following the GOP primary debate last night held at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California. Dr. Paul received 43 percent, beating the second-place finisher by five points, and crushing the rest of the field.

"Last night, Americans met Ron Paul and loved what they heard," said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "Dr. Paul's message of freedom and limited government resonates with Republicans hungry for a return to their party’s core values."

"Ron Paul is the only true conservative in the GOP race. Americans saw that last night," continued Snyder. "The campaign looks forward to further debates and opportunities so even more Americans will discover Dr. Paul's message of freedom, peace and prosperity."

so I watched this and was dissapointed.

they were all trying a bit to hard to win votes instead of answering questions.

some candidates were waffling.

and all the anti-abortion shit was pissing me off......priveledged rich white people dont know shit about real life situations...they live in their own little fucking fantasy worlds.

so I watched this and was dissapointed.

they were all trying a bit to hard to win votes instead of answering questions.

some candidates were waffling.

and all the anti-abortion shit was pissing me off......priveledged rich white people dont know shit about real life situations...they live in their own little fucking fantasy worlds.

funny that ron paul won that debate hands down. he said what people like to hear. and he meant every single word.

today on tv it's gooliani and that false war hero mccaine all over tv. anchors on every channel. fucking bastards.

my favorite part of all this is to hear a bunch of 'conservatives' call a traditional conservative/old right sort of guy a liberal.

they keep calling him a liberal on the news, too.

either liberal or libertarian. (heard him called libertarian on tucker carlson a few times)

he is confirmed for the next debate.

honestly, like paul, i have low expecations. it would be awesome if he won, but his path is really about education.

you are right casek, they call him a liberal all the time. the neo cons call him a liberal because of his war stance, totally missing his points about old right guys being for no aggressive war.

i just feel honored in my life to support the most pro liberty candidate with the most pro liberty voting record in american history. yes, even more pro liberty than thomas jefferson and robert taft.

he is confirmed for the next debate.

honestly, like paul, i have low expecations. it would be awesome if he won, but his path is really about education.

you are right casek, they call him a liberal all the time. the neo cons call him a liberal because of his war stance, totally missing his points about old right guys being for no aggressive war.

i just feel honored in my life to support the most pro liberty candidate with the most pro liberty voting record in american history. yes, even more pro liberty than thomas jefferson and robert taft.

there's speculation AOD. fox news gets to pick the candidates for south carolina and i heard this morning they are trying to leave dr. paul off the list.

edit: confirmed.

First-in-the-South Republican Party Presidential Candidates Debate

Date/Time: Tuesday May 15, 2007 Time: 9:00pm - 10:30pm Entry Type: TV Show Location: Koger Center for the Arts Street Adr: 1051 Greene Street City: Columbia Zip: 29202 Notes: FOX News coverage. Visit http://www.scgop.com/Calendar/Detail.aspx?EventID=5011 for more information. Sharing: Share w/ Everyone