Anxiety...

holy roller.

yeah. Im on paper tho. I would dip in a heartbeat but eventually they would catch

me and i would get sent upstate. Im free and legit. If i fuck around its a bullshit piece.

maybe 18 months is all they can really jam me with. Point is my dude. No job, no car,

got rid of the friends. Im not trying to sound all emo here but xanax seems to be

the best option available.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, i was wondering if anyone can tell me any of the positive experiences theyve had with anti depressants? I've heard a lot about the side effects. I'd like to know if they do help in other ways and what people have noticed ?

My fucking life totally turned around by just using 10ml of Paxil. It takes at least 2-3 weeks to slowly even build up to tolerating that amount, but there's only minor initial side effects and then... boom... they're gone and only THEN can you realize was anxiety is/was. Only once it's gone from your system can you look back and see how you were, and how much those thoughts/feelings dominated just about everything. With Paxil I no longer have any doubts or second guesses about stuff.

I was on Xanax for about a year before this which was fucking CrAzY... Xanax is basically just a sedative and has NO positive effects at all on Anxiety.

im no fool. I kno exactly what xanax is and does. Its probably the

most destructive drug around with possible exception to meth. I remember

in jail more than 75% of the stories i heard dirrectly involved Xanax.

Doctors who prescribe it should have their licences revoked. It should

be an outlawed substance instead of a controlled one. That said i

wouldnt hesitate to pop a few sticks right now if i had them

did i already say...

cook as many of your own meals as you can

+

get massages even if you gotta pay for 'em

???

these two will make all the difference in the world

also....

piece as often as you can

go to yoga, even if it doesn't do much for you, at least you get to be around all the scantily clad ladies

do some intense work outs

like push ups until you think you're going to collapse and pass out in your own puke, sweat and tears

put some weights in a back pack, put the back pack on and run until you think you're going to bleed from your ears

after toughening crazy exertion like that all of your worries will seem like total microscopic bullshit

My fucking life totally turned around by just using 10ml of Paxil. It takes at least 2-3 weeks to slowly even build up to tolerating that amount, but there's only minor initial side effects and then... boom... they're gone and only THEN can you realize was anxiety is/was. Only once it's gone from your system can you look back and see how you were, and how much those thoughts/feelings dominated just about everything. With Paxil I no longer have any doubts or second guesses about stuff.

you have no idea how good that sounds. Have you noticed any side effects? This is a funny question, but have you noticed your sexual drive go down significantly? It might be a bit childish, but to be honest being on medication that is stoping you from having a fulfilling relationship (and getting a woodman) sounds awefully depressing.

^ sounds like a lot of effort and organization to expect someone in the middle of a rock and a hard space mentally to be able to pull off.

idk, those are some of the things that cool me down

and my life is in the fucking gutters sometime doggie

like right now

no job, girlfriend broke up with me last night, shit generally sucks, etc. etc. etc.

i was on some panic attack shit...like can't breath, heart feels like it's going to explode, feel like 200 degrees

but ya know, went for a long walk, did a shit load of push ups, pull ups, whatever. took an hour nap. got up. made steak and eggs for breakfast

now i'm going to go out, get money, turn in some applications, then go tear the fuckin club up and wild out on some dumb...try to scheme on a barely legal babe...idk

gotta make my brain stfu and try to be productive

I wish that was the case. I've actually had a lot of therapy at this point with some benefit but over all very little long term results.

My anxiety has a few triggers, the most problematic is that I can get very anxious in group social situations. My last therapist was recommending med's. I wasn't in the best lifestyle or circumstances and I knew I had to pull myself out of that before I made any decisions (I knew trying to sort out the correct med's at the time and with no family or friends for support would of just fucked me up more)

Like I said, I'm just trying to manage my anxiety naturally at the moment..and it has improved a bit, I do ok, but I still have to deal with it all the time though. I think over the next couple of years I'm going to have to try medication. But who knows, it seems the whole point of meds is to help people find a point where they can build a good environment for themselves and good mental outlook to go with it. If I can do that without aropax all the better.

Let's go back to the original quote: "Suprisingly shop lifting stopped causing me anxiety very early in the piece. In a funny way I used to find it quite cathardic." You were able to rid yourself of anxiety in a negative manner, but without the help of medication, yet you ignore this point. Rather than argue the point with you, I might suggest that perhaps you need to be anxious, or that your anxiety is serving some purpose for you. I also think that you know why/what that is. What would you really be doing if you weren't anxious? I'm not asking you to answer that on this thread, just posing the ? to you.

idk, those are some of the things that cool me down

and my life is in the fucking gutters sometime doggie

like right now

no job, girlfriend broke up with me last night, shit generally sucks, etc. etc. etc.

i was on some panic attack shit...like can't breath, heart feels like it's going to explode, feel like 200 degrees

but ya know, went for a long walk, did a shit load of push ups, pull ups, whatever. took an hour nap. got up. made steak and eggs for breakfast

now i'm going to go out, get money, turn in some applications, then go tear the fuckin club up and wild out on some dumb...try to scheme on a barely legal babe...idk

gotta make my brain stfu and try to be productive

I like responses like this because even though you had a panic attack you've shown the ability to tolerate discomfort and manage it. Right now you have no girl, no job, and nothing holding you down, party it up while you can.

also, i was wondering if anyone can tell me any of the positive experiences theyve had with anti depressants? I've heard a lot about the side effects. I'd like to know if they do help in other ways and what people have noticed ?

All the daily meds i've been on for anxiety have also been for depression, since they go very hand in hand for me. The first thing i'd recommend is to make sure you're very comfortable with your doctor. If you can't be completely upfront with them about how you're feeling, how the meds are affecting you, what you are or aren't willing to try, etc, there is a higher chance of getting put on a med that isn't suited for you.

As i've said many times in any depression/anxiety thread, i don't necessarily recommend meds unless you're in a position where you need them to get to a level where you're able to work on your issues. The problem with ssri's or any depression/anxiety med, for that matter, is that they vary so much from person to person. What worked well for one person and didn't have any noticeable side effects might be miserable for another person. For example, one of my good friends was prescribed paxil for his depression and it caused him to start having panic attacks, which he still has occassionally to this day, after being off of it for years. I don't mean to scare you away from meds, but the possibility of bad side effects is always present when you're using meds like that.

The main thing i would tell you is to be very aware of your body when you're going on a new medication. When you get prescribed something, go home and do some serious reading on it. Look up all the possible side effects and be aware of all of them. Because almost all anti depressants/anti anxiety meds take a few weeks to a month or more to build up, if you're very aware of the possible negative side effects, you can be quick to catch them. If you're on a med and you're not comfortable with how its working, talk to your doctor, tell them whats up and that you want to try something else. If you have been on the med long enough for it to fully build up in your body, do not just stop using it entirely. A lot of these meds you want to taper off of to avoid withdrawl, so its best to either stay on it until you can see your doctor, or if the side effects are really bad, start tapering on your own. Too many people go on meds and don't know a damn thing about them, they just assume that because their doctor gave it to them that it must be right for them, which is not always the case.

In terms of positive effects, some of the meds i have used in the past allowed me to function and leave my apartment, which was the first step in learning to deal with my depression. I was depressed for a few years and on meds and had started to really improve, but then my brother was killed and i pretty much had to start over from square one. Without medications, i think i would've been stuck at a point where i had no way to try to deal with my problems because i was so depressed that motivating myself to do anything was incredibly hard. Once i found a med that i was comfortable with, i was able to start seeing a therapist, and forcing myself to go out and interact with people and just learning how to cope with the feelings of depression.

Wall of text. If you have any other questions, i'm happy to answer them as best as i can. Feel free to pm me if you'd rather not discuss them in open, since i know opening up to people can be a bit embarassing, even on the internet. This offer goes for anyone.

you have no idea how good that sounds. Have you noticed any side effects? This is a funny question, but have you noticed your sexual drive go down significantly? It might be a bit childish, but to be honest being on medication that is stoping you from having a fulfilling relationship (and getting a woodman) sounds awefully depressing.

Yeah.. the sex drive did go down big time, but it was so fuckin' worth it to feel better. Guess I've been taking Paxil for about 6 months now and after about 2 months things started getting back to normal. Hey.. sound advice for the doc was that to overcome any difficulties in that area you just need to practice with your partner as much as possible. Sweet..

Im on 20 mg of Paxil and it has had the same effects on me, except there are some down turns to it. For example I never really stole stuff but now I dont worry about stealing I just walk out of stores with shit in my hand sometimes. Almost got kicked out of my house for something totally unrelated and I honestly wasnt that upset even though that would be the worst thing for me. It makes you lose most of your emotions really, wether thats good or bad is up to you. As for the side effects they are there, but like he said after about a month or so they go away. I DID have a low sex drive, could never cum, like at all to they point were it wasnt comfortable and had to just stop. That all goes away, the only side effect i still have after a few months is wild vivid dreams which sometimes i dont mind, but they keep me tired alot

Let's go back to the original quote: "Suprisingly shop lifting stopped causing me anxiety very early in the piece. In a funny way I used to find it quite cathardic." You were able to rid yourself of anxiety in a negative manner, but without the help of medication, yet you ignore this point. Rather than argue the point with you, I might suggest that perhaps you need to be anxious, or that your anxiety is serving some purpose for you. I also think that you know why/what that is. What would you really be doing if you weren't anxious? I'm not asking you to answer that on this thread, just posing the ? to you.

:lol:

Let's go back to the orginal quote? I've just explained what I meant and you want to harp on about how I don't get scared shop lifting? How about you stop trying to play psycho therapist?

Here is exactly why I'm not anxious shop lifting. Play close attention. My anxiety, like a lot of other peoples, has certain triggers. The main one is that I get anxiety in social situations. It's called social anxiety or social phobia. Like I already said, I manage this to a certain extent with things like exercise and breath but it still makes life difficult.

When I was younger I used to find this really frustrating so shop lifting and things like that was cathardic in that they were a good way to get out my negativity. OK?

Everyone gets scared of something new and risky like stealing, most normal people get over it when they have practiced it a bit and are comfortable with it. That's what I did with shop lifting.

For me, and a lot of other people, the same isn't true for dealing with group situations, including sharehouses, the workplace and pretty much all the other things I'm active in (art, relationships..whatever)

Frankly I think it's stupid of you to try tell people what they need based on a sentence they might of said.

Also cheers for the three guys who gave some feed back about their med's. Like I said a lot of people talk about the side effects but very few people (including my therapists) have told me what anti depressants did for them.

I guess the more I know about what it's actually like to be on them and how they've helped (if they did) the better it is for me. Thanks again.

:lol:

Let's go back to the orginal quote? I've just explained what I meant and you want to harp on about how I don't get scared shop lifting? How about you stop trying to play psycho therapist?

I'm not playing & I might actually have some idea of what I'm talking about. Enjoy your anxiety.

did i already say...

cook as many of your own meals as you can

+

get massages even if you gotta pay for 'em

???

these two will make all the difference in the world

also....

piece as often as you can

go to yoga, even if it doesn't do much for you, at least you get to be around all the scantily clad ladies

do some intense work outs

like push ups until you think you're going to collapse and pass out in your own puke, sweat and tears

put some weights in a back pack, put the back pack on and run until you think you're going to bleed from your ears

after toughening crazy exertion like that all of your worries will seem like total microscopic bullshit

i like posts like this as opposed to all the shit with meds.

run. workout. paint. read. chill outside. meditate. listen to music. do you.

• 5 weeks later...

I was working a general labor job one time and this guy I was working with was like "where is your budwieser?" when I informed this gentleman that I had a stocked fridge at home he replied "what the fuck? you came to work without your tools! thats okay kid you can borrow mine for the day" and grabbed a ice cold can from his truck and put it on the saw horse. That was a good day.

i meant to second the nega prop.

but, waiter would at least get over your fear of people. sometimes anxiety is just you being uncomfortable with who you are. go wait on people and realize they're all punk asses just like you think you are, and in fact you're better than them.

selfesteemoner

labor jobs are great. but those are the kind you can lose a finger doing.