Anxiety...

holy roller.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to, and probably still get anxiety around people. Sometimes I get anxiety attacks for no real reason.. just my brain triggering something? I mean so nervous I would have to wipe sweat off my forehead. But getting older I realized that anxiety has kept me from doing some some of the things I've always wanted to do and I wasn't having any of that shit. So I just keep that mindset and it helps. I remember I had to call into work once when I started teaching (I teach at an art college) because I was nervous as fuck and intimidated. So for a long time I struggled to turn that switch off, and started just throwing my self out there. And it worked... I wasn't gunna let anxiety run my life and I think i'm one of the lucky ones who could get a hold on it and correct it.. but I know some people struggle with hardcore cases of it. Also going to the gym and eating good helps regulate chemical imbalances in the brain and shit.

• Like 1

it's lame to simply tell people to "man up"...

that kind of talk makes it obvious that you don't understand the kind of anxiety some people deal with. i'm not necessarily for taking drugs to remedy the issue, but there are people out there with physiological issues that do not allow them to just 'snap out of it'... and unless you've ever been there, you shouldn't talk down to people about this kind of shit.

anxiety fucking sucks. one of the worst sensations i've ever dealt with. it outweighs any physical or other emotional pain by a long shot... for me anyway.

it's lame to simply tell people to "man up"...

that kind of talk makes it obvious that you don't understand the kind of anxiety some people deal with. i'm not necessarily for taking drugs to remedy the issue, but there are people out there with physiological issues that do not allow them to just 'snap out of it'... and unless you've ever been there, you shouldn't talk down to people about this kind of shit.

anxiety fucking sucks. one of the worst sensations i've ever dealt with. it outweighs any physical or other emotional pain by a long shot... for me anyway.

Take a chill pill dude (or should I say, Man up!), I was responding to Butter Milkshake who asked if he should man up. Maybe try reading first, then responding? I have a solid record of good advice when it comes to these issues.

Anxiety is one of those issues that is responsive to therapy so long as the person is motivated to actually work. Far too many people, doctors included, want to treat anxiety with a quick fix that leaves people stuck with that fix. I would go so far as to say it is irresponsible for doctors to prescribe that shit. Xanax and other benzos are horrible, horrible solutions to anxiety. As soon as the person is without it, not only do they experience anxiety, but they experience it three times worse due to the withdrawals. On the other hand, people who learn to manage it themselves tend to not re-experience it, or when they do, are better able to control it. The person that learned to rely on pills is up shit creek when they can't get their meds.

I may have also mentioned in here (this thread is old and I'm not looking back) that there are other things that can contribute to anxiety or the feeling of it, such as Bipolar Disorder, or PTSD, which is a different form of anxiety. It's good to know the difference, especially since the treatment is different. Going back to what was said above though, it's funny how quickly someone will grab some pills off a doctor even though it may not be the right thing, but are untrusting of going to a shrink to find out what might actually be going on.