MAYWEATHER vs DE LA HOYA

D0WN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly i can't stand "counter-punchers" like mayweather. they're not exciting fighters, they don't go for knockouts, and their flurry punches are about 2 punches max. other than that it's periodic jabs and the occassional hook and uppercut, for the entire fight. they just go for points scored.

they don't care if they just tap him on the face with their glove -- as long as the point gets counted.

points-wise, mayweather won.

aggression-wise, delahoya won.

however, at the end of the fight, you could tell delahoya was tired and bruised, while mayweather looked like it was his first round.

honestly i can't stand "counter-punchers" like mayweather. they're not exciting fighters, they don't go for knockouts, and their flurry punches are about 2 punches max. other than that it's periodic jabs and the occassional hook and uppercut, for the entire fight. they just go for points scored.

they don't care if they just tap him on the face with their glove -- as long as the point gets counted.

points-wise, mayweather won.

aggression-wise, delahoya won.

however, at the end of the fight, you could tell delahoya was tired and bruised, while mayweather looked like it was his first round.

Just curious, whos your favorite current fighter?

He was the champ, of course he got more money. I actually enjoyed the fight, especially when Oscar cornered Mayweather and unloaded on him while Mayweather had an "idiotic nigger grin" on his face. (as my friend so affectionately calls it)

And to everyone bitching about Mayweather being a big jerk and all that, yeah, of course he is. Thats how he hustled the fight. Thats why you watched it.