MAYWEATHER vs DE LA HOYA

D0WN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round Seven: De la Hoya steps it up again, trapping Mayweather in the corner with a solid combination, but Mayweather is landing with the crisper punches. However, De la Hoya finishes with an eye-catching rally, and that may have nicked the round.

BBC score: Oscar 10-9 Floyd

Round Six: Good hand speed from De la Hoya, digging a flurry of body shots into Mayweather's ribs. Mayweather misses with three swingeing right hands before De la Hoya lands with a good overhand right. Mayweather landed with some good shots from range and I have that as even.

BBC score: Oscar 10-10 Floyd

Round Five: Mayweather comes out of the blocks quickest in the fifth, but De la Hoya is matching Mayweather's hand speed thus far. Mayweather struggling to penetrate the high guard of De la Hoya, but he does get through with a right-hand counter and De la Hoya's knees sag slightly. De la Hoya comes back with two clubbing right hands before Mayweather connects with another picture-perfect right - best round so far, Mayweather steals it. De la Hoya looking ragged all of a sudden, Mayweather looking slick.

BBC score: Oscar 9-10 Floyd

Round Four: A couple of good right hands from De la Hoya and Mayweather is shaking his right hand - he's had problems with his hands in the past. Still Mayweather's single shots having little affect. De la Hoya pins Mayweather on the ropes and gives him a flurry of left hands to the ribs - Mayweather getting bullied. De la Hoya blocking most of Mayweather's punches and the champion is bossing this at the moment - Mayweather not really in it.

Round Three: De la Hoya looking steely, ploughing forward and harrying Mayweather with some solid combinations - Mayweather is looking slightly non-plussed at the moment. Single shots from Floyd, but nothing hurtful so far. Another round for the Golden Boy and Mayweather is going to have to find some answers - and find them fast. He looks very apprehensive thus far.

Round Two: More success for De la Hoya in the second, making Mayweather look uncomfortable with some good combinations. Not much aggression from Mayweather, who's happy to stay out of range, and that's De la Hoya's round.

Round One: No great dramas in the opening round. Mayweather fighting fom distance, jumping in and using his hand speed to land several jabs. De la Hoya lands with one decent right hand and a flurry of body blows, but it was marginally Mayweather's round.

Round Nine: Mayweather really has to start taking some risks here and he lands with some clean pot-shots from range. De la Hoya swarms all over Mayweather in the corner and Floyd emerges from the exchange with a beaming smile. He's kidding no-one, he's in trouble as far as I'm concerned.

BBC score: Oscar 10-10 Mayweather

Round Eight: De la Hoya showing good hand speed again and landing with a few head shots. Mayweather lands with a couple of hurtful right hands. Chants of "Oscar, Oscar" ring around the MGM Grand, and De la Hoya finishes the round stronger again and that's his round. Mayweather simply not doing enough in my book, I've got him a few rounds behind. BBC score: Oscar 10-9 Floyd

11th round....I call it a fixed fight!!!!! Mayweather runnin..But yet winning...

*****I was for Mayweather..But he didn't deserve the win..neither DeLaHoya....Both are still clean...What a waste of $55 bucks..The first 2 fights sucked a fat one...Booooooo For PPV...DelaHoya walked away with more than $30 mil. So I know he aint trippin..

Round 10: Down the stretch now and De la Hoya lands with a solid left hook and decent right. De la Hoya still ploughing forward, guard catching most that Mayweather is throwing at him. Mayweather took that round on work-rate, and lands with a crisp right hand on the bell. In my book, Mayweather needs the last two to force a draw.

Round 12: We're on for a grandstand finish, both men know it's up for grabs. Mayweather doing the cleaner work and De la Hoya is running on fumes.

Round 11: Good body shot from Mayweather and a lightning right hand. De la Hoya is feeling this, possibly saving himself for the final round. Mayweather teeing off on De la Hoya, and Oscar barely threw a punch... until right at the death, rocking Mayweather's head back with a swingeing right hand. But that was Mayweather's round, and I've got him one behind going into the final round.

Round 12: We're on for a grandstand finish, both men know it's up for grabs. Mayweather doing the cleaner work and De la Hoya is running on fumes. Pot-shotting from Floyd and De la Hoya is plodding. However, he does rally, putting together a seven or eight punch combination. Both fighters go berserk in the final 10 seconds before the bell sounds and both fighters hug. Mayweather's round, which makes it a draw in my opinion - 115-115. BBC score: Oscar 9-10 Floyd