Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SneakV2.0

A specific computer question...

right, so im computer illiterate so please be gentle...

recently my housemate destroyed my motherboard. we replaced it with a second hand one we found in a shop. apparantly the one my comp uses has just been up graded, and no one would have the old version anymore.

the second hand one, works fine and i have no problems other than i have no "sound drivers". apparantly.

all i know is, that no sound comes out of my computer because some sound function hasnt been installed.

i dont know what to look for, or how to find it. im not sure what version of new motherboard i have - who makes it etc - how would i find out?

basically, i just want to be able to listen to things again. please help....

Radarsync.com (which I've never used) appears to have a search feature for your comp as well.

Like I said, I used driverguide when I've had too, use the second one at your own risk.

cool man cheers for the help. im downloading the tool kit now

any ideas on what i should be looking for sound driver wise? names or .extensions etc?

Keep an eye out for anything that has "sound" or "audio" in the title. It should point it out pretty clearly.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
right, so im computer illiterate so please be gentle...

recently my housemate destroyed my motherboard. we replaced it with a second hand one we found in a shop. apparantly the one my comp uses has just been up graded, and no one would have the old version anymore.

the second hand one, works fine and i have no problems other than i have no "sound drivers". apparantly.

all i know is, that no sound comes out of my computer because some sound function hasnt been installed.

i dont know what to look for, or how to find it. im not sure what version of new motherboard i have - who makes it etc - how would i find out?

basically, i just want to be able to listen to things again. please help....

It should say on the motherboard what it is.

Updating the BIOS on your motherboard is going to need the specific driver for it.

i am apparantly looking for a

IXP SB400 AC'97 audio controller.

this comes from the tool kit bojangles linked to, but i really dont want to have to pay for them to find the driver.

google isnt being to helpfull either.

^thanks anyway mor other sneak, but already tried that one.

starts installing it then says it has failed for an unknown reason.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this