A Toys' Questions

spindext

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey spindext, i'm also a toy so i understand you, i'm sure you have limited space to work with, so find an abandoned house or fabric etc. and take some some chalk and write with on the wall, i know it sounds stupid,but it helps in the beginning cuz you can clean it up and do it again and again,

and here's another advice draw on paper as much as you can ,i've used tones of printer paper, just to exercise my tags, do the same

NO!...

it is only for teh elite yet disfunctional, hate on society, antisocial, low esteem and big ego type of dudes..

if u manage to be up in the game.. then your standards along with your values can either decrease or rise up above...

and if you gain enough skill graffing ur name in teh streets.. then drag some other poor soul into it, and let kids in ur hood know who got shit locked..

only you have the power..

learn the rules.. pick up on the trade..

create your own shit..

keep it real..

diss toys...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this stuff.. but I'll put them here anyway.

How do people come up with different styles and stuff like that? how do they know where to put the loops, arrows, connecting letters, and other stuff? Do people get high before they do graffiti? Like maybe imagine up some styles?

Do most writers have teacher or a mentor?

Or can you just do it by yourself?

Say you live in a small town, no graffiti anywhere, except for an occasional scribble or some guy's name. There would be no past writers there. How would you learn how to paint? Would you even take up graffiti?

If you just started writing in a black book, would you paint out the first thing you came up with on some walls? Or would you stick to practice for like a year and then actually start writing on stuff?

This is so lame.. but I have so many questions..:scrambled:

I guess some writers in bigger cities have mentor's but remember what about the first pioneers of graff they did not have any teachers. SO yes u can do it by yourself

You would learn how to paint just by practicing like anything else you do in life. Practice makes perfect and if you are asking "would you even take up graffiti" well that is a yes or no answer and im guessing if you are posting on this site it is a yes for you.

If you just started writing in a black book you should not go out painting right away. Get your styles,colors,3d's,bombs,tags,pieces,straight letters all down pat first. Then when you are ready i would start with a marker and throw up some tags first. and slowly move your way up in the game.

Peace and Piece

if you're from the middle of nowhere just paint freights. don't bomb in the country, it's stupid and pointless and you'll get caught.

i personally never understood how people from the sticks got into graff. i guess it's all changed with the videos and magazines and internet and video game and everything. still doesn't really make sense to me. graff is an urban phenomenon.

believe it or not, people leave their homes, and go out to other towns. at this point they open their eyes, and discover our art. i imagine it happens something like that.

go to a good graffiti site with alo tof pictures. Once you see one you like draw it with a pencil, dont use pens, pens dont erase. With your pencil make lighter lines then darken when ur completely done. After ur done with the drawing, on the side write down what you like about the piece so much. Keep doing this. Youll eventually start to remember the things you liked about the piece, and that is basically the drawing part. Technically everyone is a biter, with their own twist on it. peace

• 1 month later...

no don't bite....man if your a kid like i am the best way to get good is to just draw graffiti in all of your classes.....biting is even sumthing to be a shamed of as a toy....

and realy it's just random....when i started i wondered to.........but evently i just started having ideas...

so you can do it :mexican:

DONT get high i did and it makes u tink ur gr8 but with ur feet on the ground ur tinkin WTF is dis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
no don't bite....man if your a kid like i am the best way to get good is to just draw graffiti in all of your classes.....biting is even sumthing to be a shamed of as a toy....

and realy it's just random....when i started i wondered to.........but evently i just started having ideas...

so you can do it :mexican:

you are retarded

you clearly dont know what you are taking about

It took me a year to get semi decent, and another year to get good. everything between now and then is just minor improvements. I hate to tell you but theres no easy way to become good, you can't just bite another writers work because you dont know anything about it except that it looks good. It takes time and you'll cop a lot of shit in the process, which suprisingly hasn't happened yet, its our way of weeding out toys who are only in graffiti because they think its cool.

Stick with it, but expect a lot of beef, cops and haters along the way, and maybe a few graff groupies every now and then.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this stuff.. but I'll put them here anyway.

How do people come up with different styles and stuff like that? how do they know where to put the loops, arrows, connecting letters, and other stuff? Do people get high before they do graffiti? Like maybe imagine up some styles?

Do most writers have teacher or a mentor?

Or can you just do it by yourself?

Say you live in a small town, no graffiti anywhere, except for an occasional scribble or some guy's name. There would be no past writers there. How would you learn how to paint? Would you even take up graffiti?

If you just started writing in a black book, would you paint out the first thing you came up with on some walls? Or would you stick to practice for like a year and then actually start writing on stuff?

This is so lame.. but I have so many questions..:scrambled:

cute kidd

• 2 weeks later...

yo man, get on ur bike or get ur parents to drive u to the closest big city( if theres on near by)(if theres not then ur fucked...kinda) then jus walk around with a camera and take pics...also dont tell everyone ur tag cuz peeps will no 1 guy who rites and there is 1 name up in the town...fugire it it out