A Toys' Questions

spindext

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this stuff.. but I'll put them here anyway.

How do people come up with different styles and stuff like that? how do they know where to put the loops, arrows, connecting letters, and other stuff? Do people get high before they do graffiti? Like maybe imagine up some styles?

Do most writers have teacher or a mentor?

Or can you just do it by yourself?

Say you live in a small town, no graffiti anywhere, except for an occasional scribble or some guy's name. There would be no past writers there. How would you learn how to paint? Would you even take up graffiti?

If you just started writing in a black book, would you paint out the first thing you came up with on some walls? Or would you stick to practice for like a year and then actually start writing on stuff?

This is so lame.. but I have so many questions..:scrambled:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in nowhere... and I wrote ugly shit for at least 10 years, then I sort of figured it out but not really... then (after 15 years) I found a friend who was all kinds of dope and he sort of showed me what was good and what wasn't in my books... and then he said "figure it out yourself'...

it's a tough row to hoe but... these days there's the internet and magazines and books (check out www.fourthehardway.com) and it get's easier like that...

While you're a toy you can steal style without shame so, get to biting..

dont tell ya mates

dont go crazy straight away

stick to blackbooks till you have people who are also good tellin you they like your stuff

OR

paint somewhere legal where theres a scrappy part of the wall jus to practice

and yeh bite loads just to get used to form then youl find your own route after a while haha

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this stuff.. but I'll put them here anyway.

How do people come up with different styles and stuff like that? how do they know where to put the loops, arrows, connecting letters, and other stuff? Do people get high before they do graffiti? Like maybe imagine up some styles?

Or can you just do it by yourself?

Say you live in a small town, no graffiti anywhere, except for an occasional scribble or some guy's name. There would be no past writers there. How would you learn how to paint? Would you even take up graffiti?

If you just started writing in a black book, would you paint out the first thing you came up with on some walls? Or would you stick to practice for like a year and then actually start writing on stuff?

This is so lame.. but I have so many questions..:scrambled:

1st off id like to say that i am a toy (just started actually writing graff a few months ago) but ive been doing reaearc on graff 4 nearly a year, so this is what ive found from both research & personal experances:

1.small town life sux(no graff anywhere) but then again, theres no compatiton so no1 knos if u suck...so find a secluded wall in a ally or somthin and go to work(thats what i did)

2. everybody has a mentor, maby not in the litteral sence of the word but just someone(or a group of ppl) whos work you learn from

3.if you live in a small town(like me) you still get in2 graff, its just harder(i had alot of outside help gettin in 2 it)

4. if your not positive that somthing is good enuff(or that your good enuff) do not paint it, work on it till u think its perfect

& yea since your a toy(like me) just bite style from others dont try 2 invent a new type of font as a toy...it wont work trust me

don't paint with other toys. toys encouraging toys makes for no progression. i like how you actually had good solid questions though. keep drawing man. also, you can at least draw, right? cuz i know this one dude thats toy... well, im not going to go into that.

i mean if you know an older writer who you are cool with that always helps. but if you dont already know one, like a friends older brother or something, then just learn on your own. cuz no random more expirenced writer is gunna want to be some random toy's mentor.

if you're from the middle of nowhere just paint freights. don't bomb in the country, it's stupid and pointless and you'll get caught.

i personally never understood how people from the sticks got into graff. i guess it's all changed with the videos and magazines and internet and video game and everything. still doesn't really make sense to me. graff is an urban phenomenon.

if you're from the middle of nowhere just paint freights. don't bomb in the country, it's stupid and pointless and you'll get caught.

i personally never understood how people from the sticks got into graff. i guess it's all changed with the videos and magazines and internet and video game and everything. still doesn't really make sense to me. graff is an urban phenomenon.

My thoughts exactly.

if you're from the middle of nowhere just paint freights. .

ENCOURAGING TOYS TO PAINT TRAINS!!!!!!!! DONT BE SO SILLY

my advice on painting in the sticks is just to practice on a board or inside an old abandoned house, if you have to bomb, change ur name lots, if no one goes to the town then its not gonna matter cos fame wont be important to you plus youl be shit so no one will care anyways, when u get better maybe travel a bit and im sure youl youl be old enuff by now to move out of said village, and once u think your fairly good, maybe paint over other bits of shit on trains but dont take out fresh spaces and read the yard safety and threads on keeping yards cool :)

yeah you should paint anywhere besides your backyard until you thinky you know what you're doing. but more importantly make sure more expierenced writers see it first to clarify if you're ready for illegals, btw i cant believe no one has tried to tear these guys new assholes yet, im just shocked...

Do people get high before they do graffiti?

Yes. No matter what, before I put anything on the wall I hit the ol' crack pipe. All graffiti tagger bombers are black crack heads from south central Los Angles.

LOOK at shitloads and shitloads of pics of graffiti, to get where i am with throws i looked at nearly 400 pages of throws, and for hands im now looking at all the tags and handstyle threads, while looking at alot of throws still

just look at alot of different styles to seen whats been done before so you can try to push the standard

and DRAW

Don't listen to Oink, just go to the freight yards every night untill you meet a really big, tough tagger whose holding a gun or a samurai sword perhaps, then piss on his piece in front of him and punch him right in the nose. Thats what everyone else does to be king.