songs that remind you of times in your life...

Guest fr8lover

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Santa Claus

thats modest mouse, not saves the day.

yeah, i know who that is... it was unrelated... there was a whole "unrelating line" in between... duh.

haha, i swear... chris from saves the day and i date the same girls and hang out with the same people, because every one of their songs reminds me of a girl or some times with old friends.

but, that modest mouse quote is dope. DRINK TO FORGET

Creep by Chino XL - go through a hard break up after you've given your life to someone else...and eh that song makes alot of sense.

as a joke..

raise up by petey pablo <waves shirt around while walking somewhere in NC>

theres plenty more just dont care to name or cant thikn of.

"Creep" by Chino XL is the shit honestly!!

"Mudshovel" by Staind's second album reminds me of when

this girl I used to date had a re-union of some sort in the sack with me

and she then cold dissed me and didn't return my calls! Kind of upsetting 'cause I really liked her!

"93 til Infinity" by Souls of Mischief was a classic for me 'cause it stood out so vividly as a different feel to what the norm was and I remember

growing up with this time being one of confusion and I wasn't seeing eye to eye with my father at all....real hard time.... The idea of all this California kicking it style helped me envision some sunny day laid back shit I'd never get to see right then...........but not all gangster......kinda jazzy........it was like therapy for the rainy day blues!! That sounded corny......

I'll think of more later..........

Originally posted by dai

god damn NIRVANA! i grew up on kurt's words. i tattoed his initials on my ankle when i was in 7th grade. if there ever was a god, he had long greasy hair and wore cardigans.

haha

I tried to tattoo nirvana into my ankle with a bic and a razor blade in 7th grade.....hahaha

Nirvana was my life soundtrack

beck carries tons of every memory

NIN "something I can never have" and a certain girl from a long time ago

arlo guthrie "comin into los angeles" me wanting to smoke weed and smoke more weed

too much to list

dianogah, "what is your landmass?" - driving to the beach with drew to have cake for breakfast everyday

braid, "strawberry ann (switzerland)" - ariel

[god i feel like a cheeseball already]

don henley, "boys of summer" - little kid road trips with dad

spacehog, "zeroes" - role playing games from middle school...mainly _car wars_

wilco, "forget the flowers" - an impulse buy; anticipation in the parking lot

there are so many more. maybe later

Small Brown Bike-I know this may sound strange, but i cant think of a better way to say, that if i could find the words id tear them out of my throat and crush them into your eyes. so i wrote myself a list of things that ive been meaning to say. i forced them out of my head, but i cant find your eyes. i try to call it a truce, approach you crush them out of my life, convince you. a walk is all that i need this ambiguity feels like a knife in me. sixteen blocks without any thanks, i feel that i think the canons and tanks. all of these wars that i try to explain get defused so many times. so i play with my shoes, ive learned to untie them with my eyes. i try to call it a truce, approach you crush them out of my life, convince you. im calling a truce, call in the troops, i cant fight your eyes, crush this out of my life. - my current situation.

smashing pumpkins--today

this was one of the few bands that me and my ex-girlfriend agreed on (we were together 4 years, the love of my life so far.) so when i hear that song i think of her and want to kiss her in a field full of flowers and paint an ice cream truck like they do in the video. we broke up and i don't like anything smashing pumpkins did after siamese dream. i wonder if it's cause we broke up. that song reminds me of when i could let myself be in love with someone and place all my trust in them, which is something i don't know if i'm capable of anymore.

minor threat--filler

reminds me of being a skateboarder in a high school full of preppy jock assholes. i remember listening to that in my headphones on the schoolbus in 9th grade and looking around at all the other kids reflecting on what pricks most of them were.

the gza--shadow boxing

reminds me of when i first started painting freights and being 16 years old and addicted to graffiti. we use to play either that or the gorilla biscuits on the way to the yard.

the pixies--where is my mind

this song literally changed my entire life. before i heard this song, i was listening to mostly shit off the radio and some rap. then a friend of mine who i hadn't talked to in a couple years called me up to see how i was doing and invited me over his house. i go over and the kid had built a halfpipe in his yard. there was all types of heads skating over there, and this music on a boombox was playing. i heard that "oooo-ooooooooh" echoing and it just triggered something in my brain. i was watching people skate and listening to surfer rosa and i just thought to myself that this is the best music i've ever heard, and from now on i'm gonna listen to shit like this and skateboard for the rest of my life. when i saw fight club and that song came on in the credits, it brought back so many good memories of skating all day, going to taco bell after, trying to find rides to the skatepark, skating parking garages on below zero days in winter and all my old friends who i haven't talked to in a while.

haha it doesnt take this thread to make me depressed.

a couple dashboard songs remind me of my ex..the not so positive ones:)

weezer..butterfly.. i thought i was happy when i liked this song so much,smiles and kisses some times dont mean that every thing is all good

psyhic tv..dreams less sweet...april 03 97 that was a great day

slug.. abusing the rib..after the break up and almost feeling empowered and haviving the abilitie to say fuck it

nofx..kill al the white men..my granma taking me to school she didnt see the humor in it.

2 live crew..me so horny..being like in grade school ,and loving hip hop,and the dirty content..it was the soundtrack to apartment living

fat boys..spiderman..living with both mom and dad..and break dancing

:)

well thats it for now

wow thats fucking freaky.

i did this post backwards. when i saw the topic, i immediatly hit 'new reply' and typed my shit. i didnt read what everyone else had wrote till after i wrote mine. its unbelievable how so many different people found the same songs and they meant enough to make it onto an internet list god knows how many years after we first heard them. obviously the bigger bands and the hits will show up, but even some underground stuff you have named are EXACTLY the same as my favorites. and i havent even met you people. thats cool.

you dont have to be blood to be family - throwdown

12oz fo LIFE :king:

XrepresentX

Originally posted by garcia_vega

the pixies--where is my mind

this shit is what im talking about!!!

do you ever get the fucking goosebumps and shivers when a song is so powerful?

i love that shit. what made this song better than ever was the closing scene in fight club when the credit card companies came crashing down. if i could take one event and have it be symbolic of me, it is that scene. if anyone read the osama didnt do it thread, you know what im talking about.

ouch. unfortunately most are too personal....

but i don't mind sharing this one...

the steve martin- epmd

reminds me of boston mid-1990s when i actually had friends that lived within 100 miles of me. my friend steve (not martin) had a little walkman that had one of those little speakers that came out of the side and we'd sit and smoke bidis after work and debrief the day. while listening to this little box. but the steve was the theme song, the song of choice.

• 10 months later...

I was listening to Incubus just now and it got me thinking...

Incubus - Just a Phase (and entire 'Morning View' album)

This reminds me of driving to Cape Cod this past February. I had to drive through a fucking ice storm from northern VT to lower MA. Took me about 8 hours. I was determined. Anyways.. I can picture myself listening to this song and driving down that long stretch before the Cape.

Saves The Day - Three Miles Down

Driving back from Cape Cod and getting a speeding ticket in the process.

OneSideZero - Soak (and entire '...is this room getting smaller' album

This album reminds me of meeting the band and chilling with them for two hours on thier tour bus. The song reminds me of driving around Vermont for the hell of it. It's a GREAT thinking song.

Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining

This reminds me of getting off work at 10pm one stormy night. I was meeting up with my friends an my bro to head to the beach that night. I just picture myself listening to this song and driving in a lightning storm. Ugh..

A - Hopper Jonus Fang

The first time I saw this band I was amazed. "Fucking-A" I love this song... reminds me of chilling with friends in the summer and concert going.

Weezer - Only In Dreams

I can still picture myself sitting against my window thinking of a girl I never got the chance to say hello to.

System Of A Down - Spiders (and entire self titled album)

I listened to this entire album over and over again when editing the designs for my snowboarding company. I would fuck around in Photoshop and scream this song at the top of my lungs.. HA

The Urge - My Apology (and entire 'Masters Of Style' album)

Same as above.. but driving to the screenprinters and school around the time of the snowboarding company period.

Reveille - Flesh And Blood (and entire 'Laced' album)

This cd reminds me of getting my three day suspension for "vandalizing school property" with my company stickers. I was an angry kid and this music made me angrier.

Jimmy Eat World - My Sundown

I played this song one day when I was driving home from Montreal and I couldn't stop playing it for a long time. Thsi reminds me of driving in the snowcovered streets of Vermont.

Dropkick Murphy's - Forever

Driving through Boston (hell yea) and 2001 Warped Tour.

Millencolin - The Ballad

My first semester at college. I was pretty down. New shit. New close minded people.

Factory 81 - Nanu

2001: Having a shitty summer and wishing I was 21. Also vowing that my 2002 summer would be a shitload better. It was.

The Get Up Kids - Long Goodnight

Perfect driving music from PA to VT everytime. Keeps ya thinking...and singing.

The Deftones - Digital Bath & Teenager

Damn these songs were perfect for driving home after work in the summer. Windows down, warm air in your hands. No one on the moonlit roads.

Staind - Raw

Getting syked for climbing and hiking cliffs and my bro driving through the fall leaves. Autumn in effect, whut!

Finch - Ender & New Kid

Relationships.. the end.

Green Day - When I Come Around (and entire 'Dookie' album)

Trying to look cool in 8th grade and buying this album on a field trip in Baltimore.

Mudvayne - Death Blooms

2001 Ozzfest. Hell fucking yea.

The Toadies - Possum Kingdom

Stealing this CD from my brother over and over again to hear this song.

Bloodhound Gang - No Rest For The Wicked (and every other BHG album)

Skipping my senior prom to see them live for a second time. Don't front.

Gang Starr - Soliloquy Of Chaos (2nd Disc in 'Full Clip' album)

First year college my roomie played this CD 24/7. He's lucky I love Gang Starr.

Beastie Boys - Instant Death & Heart Attack Man

Being one othe the lucky persons to see the Beasties and R.A.T.M. at the Mumia Benefit in 1999. Oh and sneaking a tape recorder into the show. I have Rage's set including new material.. I was badass.

save the best for last...

Rage Against The Machine - Freedom (and everything else)

Freedom was the inspiration. I saw this video when I was in 6th grade! My brother had a copy of the CD on tape and I remember making my friends listen to it in my class. I was hooked from there on. Everything else was history.

Oh man a lot of the music I listened to as a kid was brought on by my dad he fucking rocked when it came to music, Me and him used to crank Nirvana and Offspring Smash, then lots of Zepplin..

I listened to all of Nirvana

Offspring smash - during the summer

Oasis - Wonder wall I guess this was around Jr. High as well when life needed some work..

Sublime - always reminded of me walking home after school with my freind Jake during the summer and us being asses..

Originally posted by fr8lover

green day "longview" - back in middle school and late elementary id make radio mixtapes by listening to stations and recording each song i liked onto tape and made tapes and tapes of these things, this one was always on 'em.

jesus, green day was always my favorite group when i was younger...

i cant believe you were back in middle school when that shit came out man. or even late elementary. your making me feel so fucking old here.

those songs still remind me of being incredibly bored all summer and trying to learn how to skate. and back when i was starting to write.

ahhhh the memories.....

Group Home - Living Proof album - reminds me of high school

Fushnickens - Ring the Alarm - Riding in my homies truck going bombing

Souls of Mischief - 93 till Infinity - About to steal hats from a store -this song was playing

Funkdoobiest - Bow WOw WOw - Bombing at the beach

South Central Cartel - IN gats we trust - my homie drunk Crashing his dads BMW and then we all ran

Yes i used to listen to all hip hop music

RAGE - Incubus and Onesidezero - add Linkin Park and Hoobustank and u got my hometown in affect

Archived