songs that remind you of times in your life...

Guest fr8lover

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goldie's timeless cd- reminds me of the days i used to walk home from a boy's chris house from a breakin' session.... also reminds me when me and my girl jennifer and our crew used to go bombin in brooklyn and in lower manhattan chillin on the subway

goldie.co.uk cd- i used to go apeshit whenever i heard this lp... i used to smoke trees hanging out my window with my blacklite on trippin out on this shit late at nite

underworld's cups(salt city orchestra mix)- used to bump this on my nightly hour long trips to richmond.

daft punks's discovery cd- thanksgiving 2001 jersey city(ahhhh)

jus to name a few

prodigy - voodoo people : playing endless need for speed in my friends room one summer , all we did was eat , play video games and see how long we could go without sleep

cafe del mar - mumbai theme tune : chilling in the car with my brother driving around the city , the rain had just rolled in and the air was crisp and cold

rage against the machine - bulls on parade : my year 7 disco where i got to DJ so to speak , and i cranked rage and the teachers got royally pissed , i still reme,ber all my friends going beserk up the back and the teachers and adults all having that disspointed annoyed look on their face

rage against the machine - killing in the name : being dumped

beastie boys - intergalactic : i always remeber a drunken breakdance competition had in a macdonalds car park with this song playing so fucking loud on a mates fatty boombatti car speakers

cypress hill - insane in the brain : i always remeber driving interstate with my brother , with an eski in the back filled with coke and just listening to the walkman and making up retarded games to pass the time

• 5 weeks later...

OH SHIT!I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT SMALL BROWN BIKE!

i saw them with saves the day and hot water music at the now defunct karma club (if youre from boston you know waht i mean) where to start

metallica-until it sleeps.

not a favorite, but the video would not stop playing one summer. time spent in bermuda be happy you dont live there

saves the day-jodie

oh man...its almost too much to think about. my best friends parents went to maine for about 6 weeks one summer. this song captures the entire experience in about 3 minutes. "tonight ill say awake long enough to stop breathing. and i wonder how long it will take before i pass out. drunk off night skies-keep remembering the day that you said you might go crazy if you spent one more minute with me-staring at blank walls, thats what counts"

soul coughing-true dreams of wichita

this song single handedly got me over my worst girlfriend ever. yes my friends, its a classic story of a needy girl who takes advantage of someone who, god fucking forbid, accually cares about her., and then in the end gets sent away to boarding school in east assfuck. "will you grip her love like a drivers licence?"

weezer-the good life

riding in a car with a girl ive been in love with for years. it seems that she felt the same way, but somehow it just never happened.

massive attack-protection

aaaaaaaaaaaaa bad trips the only song that has ever been able to really calm me down in a bad time. i still dont do drugs to this day

bestie boys-so what'cha want?

oh no, i though i was tough. walking through boston one day in probably 8th grade,listening to this song and thinking im the shit, i get run for all i had. granted all they got was a walkman with a mixtape(consisting of bestie boys and pearl jam) and about $3, i still cant listen to this song without feeling mad stupid

all ive been listening to in the past few weeks is "with or without control" by sahara hotnights.yeah.i saw them a few weeks ago and they rocked the house. you all should check them out. not only will you be happy to be alive, youll have a new appriciation for sweedish girls.

shaggy - had a feeling that you caugh me red handed bangin on the bathroom floor - that reminds me of when i used to kick it at some section 8 apartments and party a lot + everyone in the crew was still cool with each other... those were the days..

outkast - sorry ms. jackson - reminds me of a dope party we had at those apartments...

biz markie - just a friend... another night when i was with some chick that i had a crush on and she had a boyfriend... someone put this song on...

Guest YinzerXpress

biggie: party and bullshit

reminds me of when i first started graff and would go out and paint like 3 times a day every fucking day, thats the song that got us amped to the point where we would always just go tou

this thread reminded me of depression, when i used to sleep all day... and avoid people... when i used to wear my dead kennedys shirt every day, and sport my hoodie as my only friend.... then i met this kid in my math class i used to hate... he had to sit next to me... and we shared music taste in DK, then we hung out... 3 years later were best of friend bombing together every chance we get... music... its fucked up... it makes me mad, and sad, and happy.... it reminds me of those times i cant relive... like a black and white photo in my head i hear certain songs and i just hear that photo flash noise and see a scene of what happened in black and white... ; i dunno its fucked up........ good thread...

Any offspring album

---

i rember i had all the tapes and use to play them when i was out with my mom, and going to bmx races.

greenday- longview

---

being in my best friends sisters room using her cd player.. and listening to her cd's

bush- swallowed

---

my friend paul who moved to PA, we use to skate together back when i was like 9

aesop rock- daylight

---

painting last summer, use to listen to it alot... and it was always in my head

sound garden- black hole sun

---

summers when i was a little kid, cutting the grass with my dad, going to the beach, and just sitting home on my couch i rember seeing this video a lot

the used- maybe memories

---

when i was with my old girl, and last winter snowboarding

dam i better stop while im at it... im gonna like cry

Originally posted by -Rage-

I was listening to Incubus just now and it got me thinking...

The Deftones - Digital Bath & Teenager

Damn these songs were perfect for driving home after work in the summer. Windows down, warm air in your hands. No one on the moonlit roads.

any time i listen to the white pony especially digital bath, it always brings me back to a certian summer.

Archived